KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Country Office Management Systems
Managing the SMT tracking tool for the Global Assurance Internal Audit recommendations, year-end (Statutory and USAID) recommendations,
Support Country Office Risk Register and Key Performance Indicators and ensuring that the deadlines are tracked and followed up
Ensuring that departments listed in the tracking tool have departmental improvement plans which reflect the action plans and recommendations listed
Preparation of monthly and quarterly CD reports to the Regional Office for CD approval
Coordination and reporting on the Country Office achievement against the Global Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be included in the report above.
Ensuring that departments, zones and fields have their own departmental KPIs, dashboards and tracking tables, report and follow up on them, and ensuring that key indicators feed into the SMT dashboard- limited # of KPI
Preparing for the quarterly Extended Senior Management Team meeting a full pack of updates on GA audits, statutory project year-end audits, and standards against the quality framework so that key elements can be selected for deeper discussion at SLT, SMT and ESMT
Supporting the bi-weekly SLT, monthly SMT, quarterly ESMT and operations meetings, developing the agenda and materials as needed and ensuring that action plans are tracked, followed up and reported back to the following meetings; working with colleagues to ensure the monitoring and dissemination of the annual calendar for these and related management meetings
Save the Children Global Management Tools
Coordination of Quality Framework Self-Assessment (QFSA) and its Improvement Plan, ensuring that the timelines and actions are followed up, preparing quarterly reports on progress, coordinating the annual QFSA process of self-assessment and action plan development; ensuring that action plans are in place to support departments in meeting essential standards of operational quality
Coordination, monitoring and reporting of key findings from any reviews/audits .
Keep action tracker for all action plans from reviews and audits.
Cross-Functional Coordination and Systems Improvement
Ensure follow-up of continues improvement and change projects are planning and implementing as planned and report to SLT/SMT/ESMT and the CD regularly. Flag problems timely for solution.
Manage and update central resources (including central resources stored in SC internal IntraNet), and send out regular updates to program staff as to what is available in central resources
Ensure (be point for) posting of proposals and other documents on the HUB and tracking the status (incl. informing staff members about pending issues and ensuring that issues are responded to in a timey fashion).
Coordinates the Senior Staff members’ meetings and other workshops
Prepares the major events and visitors calendar, SMT-Out-of-Office notice and sends out the information to all staff members;
Compiles meetings\workshops documentation and provides background documents for the Country Director;
Tracks down visitor’s itinerary and send required visitors information, and arranges logistics and assists visitors in their visit schedule as required
Maintain up to date central files/documentation on each program file, including proposals, reports, donor agreements, modifications, etc
· Support with SLT/CMT meeting minutes as well as Action Tracker for follow ups/
· Support CD with SMT travel/leave plans. Coordinate with field regarding all pending action points from previous field visits and ensure SMT members are provided a brief on high risk awards before their field trips..
Ensure all staff in PMO do have updated work plan, do regular performance management as required by the organization.
· Holds him/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency