Coordination and Technical Support
· Provide leadership in the implementation of Primary Health Care services in the Project areas as guided by the project objectives, logical framework and work plan; and guided by the Sudan Health Policy, CONCERN Worldwide and other international standards.
· In liaison with State and Locality health authorities, organize community meetings and campaign forums that promote participation of communities and involvement in effort to improve maternal and child health; access to general health services and control of HIV&AIDS.
· Liaise with CONCERN Area Manager and State Health Office in mentoring of supported PHC/PHU staff.
· In collaboration with CONCERN Area Manager and other State Team Leaders, supervise and monitor the maintenance Health facilities.
· In collaboration with State and locality Health authorities, take stock and develop distribution plans for distributing health awareness and learning materials to targeted communities.
· Schedule and facilitate trainings of health staff, Community Midwives in the targeted communities;
· Train Health Volunteers and other Committee members in community mobilization, organization and health delivery services;
· Support deployment of SMOH staff to fill the human resource gaps at Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs) and Primary Health Care Units (PHCUs) in order to ensure that the facilities can provide round-the-clock services to clients.
· Strengthen the appropriate use of HIMS while ensuring the availability of the HIMS in the health facilities in accordance with Basic Health Package of Sudan.
· Support in surveillance of epidemic-prone diseases and reporting accordingly.
· Order supplies and maintain updated supply/order forms (Bin Cards) and Inventories for the Health Facility.
· Ensure proper maintenance of health data registers are up-to-date.
· Produce timely weekly and monthly epidemiological reports using prescribed reporting forms.
· Conduct regular Supervision of ALL health facilities on bi-weekly basis.
· Do active networking with health stakeholders such as SMoH, WHO, WFP and UNICEF in the absence of Area Manager.
· Participate in the health coordination meetings at state level and represent CONCERN in technical meetings as needed.
· Represent CONCERN in technical health missions conducted by stakeholders and UN agencies.
· Conduct performance development reviews (PDR) for staff line managed(if any)
· Help collate yearly leave plan for health facility staff in coordination with SMOH and arrange coverage where necessary.
· Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.