The Procurement Officer (Buying) is responsible for purchasing of goods and services within based on needs of Save the Children’s programmes, managing orders and relations for a complex portfolio of programmes. The Procurement Officer will also support the Procurement Team in:
· Ensuring that the right supplies and services are procured and that there is timely procurement and delivery of goods and services to programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
· Ensuring best value for money is achieved through competitive and transparent procurement processes
· Ensuring the update of the Procurement Tracker
· Proper Filing for all procurement documents
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Procurement
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Procuring Goods and Services (Buying)
· Manage suppliers professionally and proactively, providing feedback to improve performance and leading periodic review meetings.
· Provide procurement advice and support to field offices.
· Deliver management information reports summarising key trends in performance of the procurement section against KPIs.
· Manage procurement for the programme in line with SCI procurement policies, processes and quality standards through supervision of Purchase Requests and Purchase Order processes.
· Deliver on the Country office supply plan, combining use of ad-hoc procurement, approved suppliers and contracted suppliers to meet the needs of the programmes.
· Ensure all orders are processed in timely manner, inputted on Procurement Tracker, status updates are communicated to programmes, and that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately.
· Ensure supplier files are routinely updated on performance and that regular reviews of performance are undertaken by the Procurement Committee for evaluation of suppliers for future use.
· Develop strong relations with field office programmes to support them in improving their ordering practices and review all Procurement Plans together with the Logistics Manager.
· Delegate to the Procurement Assistant (if present) routine Procurement duties and support and supervise to ensure processes are followed in a timely manner and according to SCI policies.
Team Management and Capacity Building
· Conduct Performance Review with line report and ensure clear work and personal development objectives are established with timelines and regular feedback and support is provided.
· Develop strong relationships with field office programmes to support them in improving their procurement practices
Support the line manager in the production of management information reports on · analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of procurement processes.
Systems, Tools and Processes
· Promote and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procedures and quality standards
· Provide Pro Save support and procurement advice for requisitioners and our FOs
· Support the Procurement Team in the review and update of price lists, supplier information/ vetting and specification of goods and services in Pro Save
· Support the Procurement Coordinator in turning Framework Agreements and Contracts into online catalogues in Pro Save that staff can order from directly
Working with the supply base to ready them/support them for sourcing and ordering through Pro Save