The position is located in the United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan (UNITAMS). The position is based in Khartoum and is located in the Office of the Chief of Human Resources Officer. The incumbent will report to the Human Resources Officer.
Within the delegated authority, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Recruitment and placement
• Assists in reviewing draft job openings ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with individual job descriptions.
• Maintain vacancy announcement files and updates track vacancy announcements.
• Assists with the review of applicants to ensure that candidates meet eligibility criteria, including requirements stated in the job openings.
• Initiates and follows-up on reference checks, in respect of academic verifications and employment records, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities.
• Initiates and prepares offer of appointment, including Statement of Emoluments, for review by the Human Resources Officer.
• Assists with the scheduling and coordination of assessment of candidates, including written assessments; competitive recruitment examinations and Competency Based Interviews.
• Maintains up to date electronic roster for successful applicants to national category job openings, establishing contacts with candidates to update rosters.
• Guides UN Volunteers (UNVs) on visa matters, provides information and advice to UNVs with respect to conditions of service, duties, and responsibilities under the UNV condition of service.
Administration of entitlements and benefits
• Advises staff and UNVs on the application and implementation of HR policies, procedures, regulations, and rules concerning entitlements and benefits.
• Reviews and maintains time and attendance records of staff and UNVs, processing leave requests, liaising with Sections and staff in cases of discrepancies.
• Assists with the monitoring and documentation of issues related to UNV conditions of service and advises the supervisor of any developments.
• Conducts research and prepares written responses to queries related to HR matters.
Performance Management and Staff development
• Assists with guiding staff and UNVs on performance management and staff development, monitoring compliance as required.
• Assists in the development of career development programme to support staff members career needs.
• Assists in the organization and conduct of training courses and workshops in consultation and coordination with Training Units.
• Assists with the development and conducting courses related to general and human resources management needs.
• Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and prepares notes/reports.
• Assists with the compilation and preparation of statistical reports on HR related areas.
• Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval, a variety of correspondence and other communications.
• Initiates required actions with regard to various HR related transactions, including budget and financial transactions concerning HR issues for review by the Supervisor.
• Assists with reviewing and processing requests for classification, advising and answering queries on classification procedures and processes.
• Assists in providing documentation and background materials relating to classification.
• Provides guidance and administer the UN volunteers.
• Trains and provides supervision to HR staff on UNV administration and conditions of service.
• Monitor and process UNV payroll.
• Performs other duties as required.