Vacancy No: 141558
FTA-G6 and SC6
No. of Post:
13 April 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced IT Solutions Associates, to join our ICT teams in the following duty stations at the indicated grade/contract: El Geneina (SC6), Kassala (FTA-G6) and Nyala (SC6).
Duties and responsibilities:
To provide technical support on the development, maintenance, testing and implementation of a portion of IT solutions in line with business requirements.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components.
2. Keep up-to-date technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions in order to support systems maintenance.
3. Perform unit and integrated testing of new, enhanced or fixed code in order to ensure completeness and adherence to technical specifications.
4. Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
5. Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support in order to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
6. Resolve users queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered and accurate information is provided.
7. Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
8. Collect and collate data, conduct basic analysis to support the development of accurate reports.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in areas related to Information Communication Technology, software development etc.
Experience: Five years of relevant experience in Information Technology Processes, IT network design, deployment and administration, Application development, End-users/help desk support.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has aided IT team members in building technical skills and staying abreast of industry developments.
• Has gained knowledge of technical issues through exposure to IT operations.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a
competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 13 April 2021
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
Candidates should include the duty station of their preference in their applications.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED