Vacancy No: 141562
No. of Post:
13 April 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Finance Assistant to join each of our Finance teams in Multiple Duty Stations, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixed Term Contract Level 5 and Service Contract Level 5.
Details: Finance Assistant G5 - Khartoum, Finance Assistant G5 Kosti, Finance Assistant SC5 - El Geneina, Finance Assistant G5 - Port Sudan, Finance Assistant G5 & SC5 - El Obeid
Duties and responsibilities:
To support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
3. Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
4. Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
5. Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
6. Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
7. Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of fixed assets, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
8. Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
9. Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
10. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school plus a post-secondary certificate/Diploma in any other relevant functional area is desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years or more in the field of Finance or any other relevant field.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 13 April 2021
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
Eligible applicants are advised to indicate the duty station(s) of their preference when submitting their applications
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED