1. Support Goverment in Food labaratory project design and implementation.
2. Support the Goverment in establishing technical requirements of advanced food labaratory equipment from international suppliers/traders.
3. Attend regular meeting with the relevant Govement Ministries related to Laboratory rehabilitation project.
4. Maintain close communication with Sudanese Goverment food regulatory bodies like Federal Ministry of Health, Sudanese Standards Metrology Organization (SSMO), Plant Protection Department, Ministry of Agriculture.
5. In coordination with the Federal Ministry of Health, conduct technical assessment of Goverment food laboratories based on International Laboratory standards ISO 17025:2017 that includes
Advance Equipment Operation
Standard Operation Procedures and Work Instructions
Personnel Calibration Trainings and Equipment Calibration
Proficiency testing /PT testing
6. Provide real time upgradation requirements for the Food labaratory project.
7. Advise on the technical training and overall capacity strenghtening essential requirements keeping in view WFP operations and WFP Food commodities.
8. Work closely with Goverment Food labaratory Analysts and specialists and provide support relevant to Food Labaratory project rehabilitation.
9. Establish and document SOP & Work Instruction of all Food Laboratory processes and inclusive of equipment and personnel requireed skills.
10. Provide technical support during installation and operation of new Laboratory equipment, technical training of lab personnel along with supplier technical team.
11. In partnership with relevant Goverment ministries, conduct regular visits to the Food Laboratory as and when required.
12. Manage and maintain good records of all Food Laboratory Project.
13. Perform any other duties as required.