Vacancy No: 141561
Head of Aviation
No. of Post:
13 April 2021
WFP SUDAN HIGHLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Aviation Assistants, to join our Aviation teams to be hired on a Service Contract at SC5 level and to be based in Ed Daein, Kassala and Kadugli.
Duties and responsibilities:
To perform a range of coordination and administrative activities that contribute to the safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform operational coordination and administration of air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, including risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations.
2. Liaise with airport officials and other local authorities in order to obtain necessary clearances, documentation and authorisations required for air operations.
3. Carry out pre-flight actions to ensure that all registered passengers and cargo are duly carried on the flight, in coordination with crew to ensure safe flights, escalating issues to a supervisor.
4. Collate all post-flight documentation in order to confirm flights have taken place and in compliance with established conditions.
5. Research, collate and report on aviation related information, to enable decision-making and facilitate air transportation planning, execution and reporting in order to ensure contractual performance.
6. Update and maintain relevant databases and records, ensuring that relevant information is accurate, organised, accessible to others, and supports reporting requirements.
7. Respond to client queries, following standard processes and obtaining guidance or escalating as required, to ensure timely resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service.
8. Liaise with internal counterparts in order to carry out duties successfully, support the alignment of aviation activities with wider programmes, to facilitate a coherent approach to air operations.
9. Provide support to other staff, assisting them in completing tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Support process reviews, and improvements in methods and practices, in order to maximise the performance of air activities and related operations.
11. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond in its core areas at the onset of a crisis.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or related field is essential for Air Operations roles, desirable for Air Movement roles.
Experience: Five years of experience in aviation services in a busy environment.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in restricted flying zones, and other aviation risks and assisting in flight planning.
• Experience in handling passenger manifests and aircraft loading.
• Experience in interpreting routine weather reports.
• Experience in basic flight following and radio telephony procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOUARGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 13 April 2021
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals or those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations. Applicants who do not meet this criterion will not be considered for this position.
WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
Please indicate your duty station of preference in your application.
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED