· Contributes to operational communication and prevention objectives in line with the priorities of the field sub-structure(s) and/or the delegation’s communication and prevention strategy. This is done under the supervision of the Communication/Prevention Manager and/or in cooperation and coordination with the Head(s) of Sub-Structure and field communication officers, in line with other program objectives (protection, assistance, health, cooperation).
· Carries out and evaluates relevant activities and adapts supporting tools with respect to operational communication, community engagement, the promotion, integration and implementation of international humanitarian law (IHL), building National Red Cross/Red Crescent Society operational communications capacity, ICRC campaigns and information analysis/environment scanning.
· Focal person within the Communications team for Health Care in Danger (HCiD) in support to Protection, Health, and Cooperation
· Supports the Communication/Prevention Manager and/or the Head(s) of Sub-Structure in networking with relevant leaders and organizations in Khartoum and the field.
· Works to enhance ICRC acceptance and promote IHL and other legal norms by representing the ICRC to relevant audiences, e.g. national/local authorities, political parties, village elders, beneficiaries, representatives of displaced communities, religious leaders, armed and security forces, other armed groups, NGOs, advocacy groups and civil society at large
· Contributes to the delegation's communications and prevention-related policies, guidance and programs.
· Support other communication initiatives when needed, including for public and digital communication.
· Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered and contributes to their analysis
· Supports the delegation and the LND unit on internal communication needs.