FUNCTION 1 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Coordinates and conducts monitoring and evaluation of WHO activities in all aspects of Health Information Systems and Health Systems Development, achieving results such as:
• Design and implementation of ad-hoc assessments and studies on Health Information Service (HIS) and databases, identifying critical points for improvement.
• Establishment of mechanisms to ensure the monitoring and evaluation of programme performance toward expected goals.
• Constant monitoring of the health system assessment processes, notably by verifying that these assessments are conducted according to agreed methodologies and that they progress in a timely manner.
• Improvement of utilisation and accessibility of data from Health Information Service (HIS) to health providers, health authorities and the research community.
• Analysis of data and information from the health system assessments and preparation of related documents and reports.
• Review Monitoring and Evaluation activities related to Health Systems Strengthening and Services projects with other partners to avoid duplication of efforts, gaps, and inconsistencies in service delivery.
FUNCTION 2 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Manages training activities to strengthen capacity at various levels, achieving results such as:
• Identification of training and capacity building needs for respective target audiences and development of comprehensive and competence-based training plans for capacity building for different categories of health personnel at provincial, district and facility levels.
• Preparation of training material tailored to the specific needs.
• Organisation and delivery of an array of training activities to various target groups, this may include but is not limited to
• Training in the areas of medicine supply management; quality control; storage; dispensing; prescription and use of medicines in line with national treatment guidelines, both in the public and the private sector
• Promotion campaigns to reach schools and education facilities, training teachers, primary health care staff and community members
• Capacity building of counterparts involved in data analysis and in utilization of information including MoH health managers, such as hospital directors, Primary and Community Health Care (PHC) clinic directors, senior national officials, in interpretation and use of the information for decision making and in in customizing and improving monthly managerial reports as well as the health Annual report.
• Events to support the objectives of (i) development of good governance in medicine, (ii) enhancing the pharmaco-vigilance (PV) system, (iii) promoting rational use of medicine, and (iv) developing and updating the Essential Medicine List.
• Assessment of impact of training and capacity building activities.
FUNCTION 3 (INCL. EXPECTED RESULTS)
Liaises with all the stakeholders involved in the Health System review processes to provide input, share knowledge and to foster collaboration, achieving results such as:
• Timely dissemination of WHO updated information (e.g. reports, and website) on a regular and prompt basis.
• Development of and input to technical documents which serve as methodological background to the health system reviews and assessments, including but not limited to, National Health Accounts, review of financial risk protection, review of the health service delivery arrangements, review of the health information system, review of the health workforce situation and review of the medicine situation.
• Organisation of meetings, workshops and other events in order to uphold proactive and effective communication with all the relevant stakeholders and to ensure the translation of the assessment results into policy.