The primary function of this role is the implementation and day-to-day management of the health component. In meeting this responsibility, the Health officer is also accountable for the monitoring of the project’s health inputs and outputs, and ensuring targets are achieved. S/he undertakes appropriate measures to strengthen the health system to offer quality primary and reproductive health care: this includes assessing the physical structure of PHC facilities where applicable, mobile team and taking appropriate steps, work closely with the program manager and SMoH to identify training needs and, enhance the capacity of PHC service providers and community health volunteers (CHVs) in record keeping, data analysis and decision-making based on a regular review. S/he is the key person for making service available at PHC facilities, feeding centers, and CHVs where applicable in the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Program Manager
Direct: The post holder will be required to work closely with the program manager and Head of implementation manager - including other staff as relevant.
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
implementation of health programs (outpatients department, Reproductive Health, Drugs Management, EPI, in both strategies facility and mobile and health community activities including CHVs) and ensure that stated goals and objectives are met,
Prepared program work plans, in coordination with the program manager and technical team
Assess unmet needs in the Health sector and determine the potential for other SCI health projects.
Work with the Field team and M&E to ensure that the Health & programs are implemented in conformity with the SCI Program Framework and promoting and protect rights, participation, capacity building, partnership, and holistic programming.
Provide accurate regular reports, document results, and maintain detailed records of the overall health program activities in your area of operation to the program and area manager.
Work with the health staff to ensure that field experiences are documented and used to advocate on behalf of the communities with which we work.
Work with the program manager to develop expenditure and procurement plans to guide the implementation of approved grants.
Support the Field teams in the implementation of the plans ensuring that SCI donor rules and regulations are abided by.
Work closely with the program manager and locality, and develop tools to assess and monitor the needs for different medical and non-medical items.
· prepare and follow up the health purchase request (PR) through the Procurement system for drugs, medical supplies, non-medical stationery, and process the purchase in a way that buffer stock is maintained.
· Work with the health facility team and SMoH /CHVs in developing a health information system to track progress on health service provision.
· Assist PHC service providers to correct the record-keeping and compilation, feedback assurance.
· Attend the monthly /monthly/quarterly review meeting of PHC service providers, analyze progress, and use findings for decision-making
· Conduct review meeting with CHV/MWs at least monthly and quarterly between CHVs/HF staff and Localities.
· Prepare weekly & monthly progress reports; draft donors report and update SCI program team.
· Participate and prepare the program review meeting quarterly and use findings for decision-making to ensure program quality.
· Conduct weekly/Monthly field visits to SCI support clinics /feeding centers/ mobile including CHVs and village committee's project area.
Strengthen the mechanism integration and coordination of the health community activities with health facilities/mobile (EPI, Morbidity & Reproductive Health) and CHVs, CBOs, and WASH community components.