Under the direct supervision of the Supply Officer in El Fasher, the incumbent will:
- The incumbent will closely collaborate with the Supply Officer in Darfur
and report technically to the Chief of the Asset and Fleet Management unit at HQ.
- Implement and maintain UNHCR’s rules and procedures for Fleet and Asset Management.
- Collaborate closely with programme, administration and supply, provide inputs to planning
exercises, reviews, evaluations and audits on Fleet and Asset Management.
- Regularly analyse Fleet and Asset data in MSRP, VTS and FleetWave and ensure that
data is up-dated at all times.
- Provide fleet and asset management reports, customised reports, gather information on all
fleet assets and provide in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Implement and maintain vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures and
- Organize local drivers to effect the timely and efficient reception to and dispatch of
personnel from the office and operational areas. Report on driver movements and
activities (Journey/Mission schedule).
- Ensure that UNHCR vehicles are regularly serviced and repaired in line with existing rules.
- Maintain, at all times, accurate control, recording and monitoring of drivers and vehicle
logbooks, and provide monthly fuel usage reports to Senior Management.
- Review the vehicle situation to advise the office(s) on maintaining an appropriately-sized
fleet and that the vehicle fleet is making optimum use of a pool or allocation system.
- Train and develop driver skills and standards to the highest international safety standard.
- Provide advice on applicable fleet issues that affect the overall logistics operation
- Work in close cooperation with Admin & Program, plan for acquisition, maintenance and
replacement of fleet assets. Develop local fleet management replacement strategies
taking into account UNHCR short and medium term requirements.
- Ensure that vehicles are regularly disposed and arrange those disposals with the support
and guidance from the Supply Officer and Asset Management Unit in HQ.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of fleet and other asset- related data in relevant business
systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments infleet related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Arrange for the annual physical verification exercise of all UNHCR assets, ensure that
follow up actions are implemented and timely report on the results as per the year-end
instructions from HQ.
- Support the implementation of policies and processes for the management and
safeguarding of the vehicle fleet and asset management.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with relevant UNHCR regulations, rules and procedures
related to fleet management for the country of responsibility.
- Analyse and measure fleet management performance of offices and take action to prevent
fraud and improve fleet management efficiency and effectiveness for the country of
- Any other related duties as and when required.
3. Monitoring and Progress Control
- Successful implementation and maintenance of UNHCR standard practices in vehicle fleet
- Assurance of a cost-effective and appropriately-sized fleet.
- Successful implementation and maintenance of vehicle and passenger security and safety procedures and systems.
- Correct vehicle usage of procedures by UNHCR drivers as per the drivers’ rules and regulations.
- Accurately controlled, recorded and monitored drivers and vehicle logbooks.
- Fully trained drivers with developed skills and standards to the highest international safety standards.
- All vehciles are equipped with all security safety and working tracking equipment at all times.
- Maintenance of up to date information on fleet wave.
- Effective and professional communication with other units within the representation to ensure the
timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of personnel and goods to destinations within the
- Ability to oversee, manage and operate fleet activities of the representation, supported by correct
and cost-effective use of budget.
- Maintain regular, timely and accurate reporting
- The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) staff or (non-) governmental counterparts, including
Implementing Partners (IPs);
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented
in all activities throughout the assignment