SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Creates a managerial environment across the Region to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child and adult safeguarding
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own
personal development and encourages their team to do the same
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Graduate Degree Health Science or Public Health, or other discipline relevant.
Total Work Experience (In Yrs):
Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in projects management, preferably with NGOs
Sector Experience (In Yrs):
Experience in community-based projects, Nutrition, environmental and waste management issues is a preference.
Experience with community participatory methods/approaches, monitoring and reporting
· Good Organizational Skills
· Capacity to relate with other stakeholders
· Good knowledge of the area of intervention
· Skills related to participatory research methods, and computer literacy,
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field, under sometimes difficult and occasionally insecure circumstances.
· Communication skills to operate with a multinational and multilingual team.
Good English (speaking and writing) is essential