IT Solution Assistant, SC5- Khartoum CO(4 Positions) UNWFP
Vacancy No: 116022
SC Level 5
No. of Post:
24 Feb 2020
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
JOB POSTING INFORMATION:
Starting Date: 10/02/2020
Closing Date: 24/02/2020
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan's team of Information Technology to support the implementation of digitalization of more than 5 million beneficiaries using the coporate system for beneficiary and transfer management called SCOPE ? Area you ready to delivery of professional, client-focus IT services and developing solutions that will benefit thousands of benificiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of Sudan's most vulnerable people? if yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a talented IT Solution Assistant for Khartoum Country Office, Sudan to be hired on a Service Contract at Level5.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with over a total of 4 million people assisted in 2019. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of Business Transformation Officer, ICT unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Provide second level technical support for beneficiary registrations, distributions, redemptions and reconciliations for all delivery mechanisms implemented through SCOPE platform.
• Write program code in order to support the development and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components; Test and deploy new software/hardware to support CBTs activities Country wide. In consultation with IT management, contribute in the evaluation, design, development, update, documentation and follow-up of applications.
• Train WFP staff/CP/Retailer on how to use new technologies used in CBTs. To be able to configure/troubleshoot SD360 smart card printers. To be able to configure Mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) FXn00.
• Conduct regular data quality checks, ensuring clarity, accuracy and consistency in support to Operations.
• Maintain updated status of all tasks and share it with the Development Team Leader to ensure that at any time any other team member can take over any of the applications at its current level and continue with the minimum disruption.
• Conduct regular data quality checks, ensuring clarity, accuracy and consistency at the first level.
• Actively participate in IT Macro/Micro Assessment according to the standard operating procedures for CBTs activities,
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Internal and external stakeholders are adequately trained and business processes supported by SCOPE is properly followed.
• Ensure accurate data entry of beneficiary information.
• Competent use of technology and timely registration of beneficiaries.
• Ability to work in a team with close-knit coordination between Beneficiaries, WFP, Government, Cooperating Partners and other service providers during registration
• Effective use and compliance with WFP corporate guidance, standard operating procedures for registration, privacy of information, and gender and protection.
• Well organized, complete and accurate reports, records and/or data, put together independently with only general guidance.
STANDRAD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Secondary school education preferably supplemented by tertiary learning in business, social studies, public administration or other related field.
At least four years of relevant experience. If the candidate has university degree, then two years’ experience is eligible. Should have experience in database, Linux (Ubuntu
Proficiency (read/ write/ speak) in English and Arabic.
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office in particular MS Word and MS Excel o Working knowledge of WFP Programmes and projects, preferably with hands-on experience in cash-based transfer activities;
o Familiarity with using mobile technology (smartphones, tablets etc).
Critical Successful Factors:
Demonstrates experience in beneficiary management in delivery of humanitarian assistance to vulnerable communities.
• Excellent communications skills with all stakeholders, and other team members.
• Good knowledge and practical experience in use of information technology to capture and store data and information.
How to apply?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Please indicate in order of preference the duty stations in which you are interested in your cover letter
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
Talented women are encouraged to apply
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 24/02/2020
Qualified female applicants encouraged to apply.
This position is open ONLY for Sudanese nationals.
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/ADIS status.
Copyright (c) Sudanjob.net, 2006-2020. All rights reserved