- University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management and/or related subjects. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- At least two (2) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- MEAL experience in USAID-funded activities is desirable.
- Understanding CRS MEAL systems and processes will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and conducting training in rural contexts with limited literacy.
- Cross-cutting knowledge of protection, gender, supply chain chains and safeguarding
Required/Desired Foreign Language: A good command of English and Arabic is required.
Travel Required: This position covers both East and Central Darfur projects. Regular travel to both East Darfur and Central Darfur localities will be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from diverse stakeholders.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment
- Strong writing skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Key Working Relationships
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Internal:Project Director, Project Manager, MEAL SPO, Insijam staff and other technical advisors
- External: Peer agencies, partners, private sector, project participants
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and are used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, human trafficking everywhere and at all times. I, the applicant, accept these requirements as part of my job application.