Relief International is an international non-profit organization that partners with communities impacted by conflict, climate change and disaster to save lives, build greater resilience and promote long-term health and wellbeing. Our team of more than 7,000 staff and local volunteers work in 15 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, providing Health and Nutrition, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), Education and Livelihoods programming that creates the foundation for community resilience. We do this by working with local actors to develop safe and inclusive local programming that is evidence based, conflict sensitive, climate smart, and reaches those in need.
Duties and responsibilities:
Relief International Sudan Program is providing essential Health, WASH and Nutrition services in Sudan, with interventions in North Darfur, Al-Jazira, Port Sudan, Sennar and Blue Nile states, designed to enhance delivery of integrated Health, Nutrition and WASH services, expand community health and nutrition services for prevention and treatment, including hygiene and sanitation promotion.
Working under the overall responsibility of SCO Manager (with matrix reporting to the DCD Ė Program), the Medical Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for effective and efficient stock management and will build capacity of and provide regular technical supervision to staff working in warehouses and stores in all states. She/ He will be responsible for the planning, implementation, control of efficient, effective forward, reverses flow, storage of pharmaceutical, and nutrition supplies, including GIK. S/He shall work closely with the Areas Managers, Technical Coordinators and Project Managers to ensure proper management of stocks and timely reporting. Whilst the pharmacists will work under direct supervision of Health Technical Coordinator, the Medical Logistics Coordinator will work in collaboration with the State based Pharmacists (Pharmacy Doctors) and ensure effective and efficient management of stocks and time & quality reporting of consumption of pharmaceutical products and GIK. She/ He will also work in collaboration with the Nutrition and WASH technical Coordinators to ensure proper management of nutrition and WASH supplies.
The position will provide RI staff with technical pharma stock-management guidance and ensure effective and efficient pharma stock systems are in place and that minimum standard and best practices are being implemented, and ensure donorís regulations are adhered to. The Medical Logistics Coordinator will be expected to have strong leadership qualities, experience in project management, in warehouse and stock management, and experience in monitoring and evaluation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and receive all health and nutrition incoming supplies, including GIK and WASH kits, on transit from Khartoum to RI supported states in Sudan. Ensure that all supplies are verified physically against the supporting waybills.
- Coordinate the release and dispatch medical, nutrition and WASH supplies from the warehouse to their final points, ensuring that all supplies released are align to RI stock management guidelines.
- Ensure that all RI supported health facilities and nutrition sites are practicing acceptable management of medical and nutrition supplies in line with WHO standards, RI and Donor policies. The Medical Logistics Coordinator shall build capacity of the storekeepers /Dispensers/health care and Nutrition workers on effective management of pharmaceuticals and nutrition supplies, including conducting physical inventory, updating stock cards, FEFO/FIFO etc.
- Ensure use that data collection and reporting tools by all HFs and online monitoring of stoke management, where applicable.
- Ensure records for warehouse & GIK trackers compiled, updated, and maintained at the box folders with hard copies in a secure place.
- Assist any other logistical staff and other program support staff on various tasks as directed, including, but not limited to, stock control, document preparation and processing.
- Assist the smooth functioning and support of all Rl-Sudan offices, including support supervision to field offices as necessary.
Medical Commodities Warehouse Management
- Prepare stocks reports for RI Sudan through required periodic reporting (i.e weekly, Monthly, bi-annually and Annually) and ensure stock are well supported by applying required stock management tools in accordance with RI stock management procedures
- Act as focal person for warehousing & pharmaceutical supplies inventory-management information management system.
- Ensure rational use of required warehouse pharma management forms and templates for proper management and reporting purposes according to RI policies.
- Lead and focus on pharmaceutical and supplies commodity reporting and participate through technical assistance in pharma procurement planning, rational drug use, pharma waste and disposal management, drug quality assurance and other related initiatives.
- Assist the Program Managers and implementing partners in pharmaceutical and commodity management at the field levels.
- Regularly inspects items (pharmaceuticals and med commodities) received for accurate count and conditions.
- Promptly flags issues and reports to SCO Manager on pharma stock misuse, loss, damage, near expiry and discrepancies.
- Supports in reviewing any pharma stock donations (GIKs) and/or any distribution and utilization plans.
- Participates and supports in the mandatory bi-annual and annual pharma stock physical verification and counting exercise.
- With other technical personnel, participates in conducting quality and quantity control exercises especially during reception of any pharma (including GIKs) prior to entering into warehouses.
- Plans, and coordinates monthly spot checks on pharma stock warehouses and ensures all identified gaps are promptly addressed.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelorís degree in Pharmacy or Bachelor Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma or Master degree in related filed will be a plus
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience, out of which at least 2 years in management pharmaceutical and Nutrition supplies, including GIK (Gift in Kind)
- Vast experience in procurement and supply, and management of pharmaceuticals
- Experience working in International NGOs or United Nation Agencies in warehouse department
- Prior experience in project design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of HPF projects.
- Experience working in busy environment contexts within Sudan. Flexibility, ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well and meet deadlines, ability to improvise
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Computer skills and office management skills
- Human Relation skills, including integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure preferred
- Able to work under limited supervision
- Fluent in English and in Arabic oral and written
- Excellent English Writing and reporting skills
- Honest and trustworthy.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation