Duties and responsibilities:
IT Support Services;
- Design, review and monitor the implementation of ALIGHT Sudan WAN / LAN hardware and software in line with the IT Policy guidelines.
- Address technical problems with hardware and software and troubleshoot basic issues that could negatively impact staff performance.
- Sound knowledge of all Office 365 applications under Microsoft suite.
- Build capacity of all staff in using IT services especially in Microsoft 365 cloud applications
- Install computer devices like printers, scanners, and cameras on both network and plug-n-play mode and carry out regular servicing of all ALIGHT Sudan Program IT equipment.
- Maintain a close liaison with ISPs in case of internet outages and try to facilitate staff with internet connectivity.
- Responsible, for managing user accounts across all the field and country offices inside Sudan with support from the Global IT team.
- Plan and budget for IT support services for the Country Program in line with ALIGHT Sudan’s financial guidelines.
- Run yearly EPLS for all ALIGHT service providers in line with the Operations guidelines.
- Conduct regular meetings with the field IT officers and Global IT team regarding the current IT challenges/issues in Sudan.
- Assist the Global IT team in the formulation of ALIGHT’s IT policies, standards, and Procedures.
- Define and monitor compliance with processes for the setup and installation of end-user hardware, software, applications, peripherals, and other ICT-based systems to agreed service levels.
- Perform network monitoring/analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and escalating problems as necessary to maintain network and systems performance that meets ALIGHT’s demands in collaboration with the Global IT team and ISPs.
- Liaise with other IT regulatory bodies like the National Telecommunication Corporation (NTC) – Sudan, and other professional organizations on any ICT-related matters to ensure compliance.
- Participate in building IT capacity within ALIGHT Sudan through training, mentorship and coaching.
- Liaise with the IT Technical Lead at the HQ in developing and maintaining a secure, dynamic, and interactive SharePoint site for the Alight Sudan Enterprise.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, and reporting in line with departmental guidelines and targets.
- Perform any other work for the organization that may be assigned from time to time.
- Provide onsite and remote End User support
- Proactively understand, analyze, and research new technical problems when needed.
- Implement applications and software upgrades, and perform troubleshooting and fine-tuning for users.
- Provide end-user and technical support for Windows and Mobile OS, File and Print, Office 365 services (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Active Directory, etc), Zoom.
- Propose, tailor, and conduct group training periodically to cascade the technology know–how to a broader audience.
- Ensure that necessary applications required by users are installed and working as expected.
- Ensure that all PCs are protected from virus attacks by installing the latest Anti-Virus program and updating the software regularly as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network and server access problems for end users.
- Forward technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the IT Support to the relevant Global IT team.
- Plan and conduct regular preventive maintenance of IT equipment across all offices to ensure their operational functionality.
- Provide technical support for all third-party and legacy software solutions available in Sudan.
- Manage IT assets within the site and perform upgrades in compliance with the Global IT playbook.
- Troubleshoot and ensure site IT hardware e.g. servers, switches, routers, printers, UPS, projectors, etc are working and in good condition.
- Ensure staff data is backed up regularly on cloud applications (OneDrive, SharePoint). Planned, coordinated, and implemented regular assessments of IT equipment to perform the necessary repairs and maintenance in all the country and field offices inside Sudan.
- Coordinate with vendors and with organization personnel to facilitate IT equipment purchases.
- Manage the site telecommunication infrastructure (internet, VPN, Telephone, etc.)
- Improve security awareness of users by developing orientation and training programs and counseling users.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date operational functionality of CCTV camera systems installed at ALIGHT office premises as well as carry out routine preventive maintenance services to ensure the system efficiency.
- Oversee general management of IT equipment, develop and maintain updated asset register, and track all assets for the ALIGHT Sudan Program (all offices).
- Monitor ALIGHT assets using tracking tools and update assets databases, follow up, and submit incident reports to the Head of Operations for any incidents of breakdowns, accidental damages, and violation of policies.
- Maintain all ALIGHT/donor assets especially computers, tablets, printers, copiers, satellite phones, etc. in good condition.
- Monitor the status of all IT and electronic equipment and spearhead their preventive maintenance and repairs in collaboration with the Logistics Manager.
- Work closely with the Logistics Manager and Head of Operations in all asset disposals for ALIGHT following specific donor procedures and regulations.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Communication Skills: An active listener and can express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Teamwork: Collaborating effectively and efficiently with other team members.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Flexible enough to adopt new technology and services.
- Time management: Can prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Stress management: Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Leadership: Can take new initiatives and can decide if required.
Qualifications and experience:
- A University degree in IT or any related field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in the field of IT,
- Strong IT skills (generic applications, internal communications systems, and software packages).
- Experience in system installation & and management; Network design, management, and security; Network Monitoring and support.
- Skills in documentation & information management
- Knowledge of standard INGO and donor procurement procedures and practices is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including proven report writing skills.
- Experience working with a diverse staff and confronting challenging field situations.
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Work experience in a complex emergency setting preferred.
We are on a journey to build Alight, a new platform of amazing people and organizations providing lifesaving services and creating breakthrough solutions for and with the displaced. WeAreAlight.org
Alight is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Alight complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.