Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK based, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing in lifesaving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
No. of Post:
Port Sudan, Sudan (with frequent travel to field locations)
15 Feb 2024
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the RI Port Sudan Human Resources team and other field offices as may be assigned by the Country HR Manager.
- Ensure the effective implementation of RI Human Resources and Administrative functions as well as north Darfur standard operating procedures.
- Manager the provision of all staff benefits and entitlement in the field.
- Provide an open forum / dialogue with national staff to address issues / grievance fairly and transparently
- In liaison with the Country HR Manager, provide the field coordinator and other senior level management with sound advice on all HR administration issues.
- Liaise closely with the FC to keep international staff records updated.
- Support review of job\ Salary classifications and per diem rates as requested in liaison with the Country HR Manager.
Recruitment & Orientations
- Ensure all recruitments are guided by the field recruitment SOP in recruitment of National staff of all field sites.
- Coordinate closely with RI managers and local labor office to recruit new staff.
- Liaise closely with the labor office, in the advertisement short listing and interview of candidates.
- Oversee interview schedules and communication to unsuccessful candidates for field recruitments.
- Maintain an up-to-date staff orientation package for new staff and conduct induction and orientations using standard orientation tools for all new field staff.
- Responsible for preparing employment contracts for new staff.
Performance Management & Staff Training
- Working closely with Country Human Resources Manager and Line Managers, identify and facilitate internal and external training opportunities for national staff and maintain any subsequent evaluation reports.
- Responsible for tracking field staff evaluations with other department, compile, review and liaise with Khartoum on promotions salary increase and required training.
- Attend related training for HR when required.
- Responsible for tracking all staff evaluations on RI Excel, and training on RI Academy, generating required reports to the HRM in a timely manner.
HR Policy and Compliance
- Limit RI legal liabilities by reviewing HR practices with the Sudanese Labor law, the Labor and HAC offices and RI HR policies in the field.
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with the National staff personnel policies.
- Ensure staff records are complete and available for inspection.
- Ensure National staff understand the benefits, the use of forms and the information contained in the National staff Administration policy Manual.
- Ensure copies of relevant laws and by- laws are available for implementation (when instituted).
- Support on managing employee relations issues including: Safeguarding & Protection and policy violations in the field.
- Ensure all HR processes comply with RI policies and guidelines, and support HR audit process by providing all paperwork and information in a timely manner to the HR Manager.
General HR & Administration
- Liaise closely with other government ministries on pertinent administration issued including: registration, work-permits, fees etc.
- Ensure HR and administration records are properly organized and securely maintained.
- Negotiate agreement and maintain database of all properties leased by RI El Port Sudan office.
- Maintain adequate office and stationary supplies for the all department.
- Develop, implement and supervise correspondence \ mail services including pouches,mailboxes,distribution of all correspondence including internal memos and maintenance of mail registers.
- Track all staff leave entitlement (sick leave – annual leave –other)
- Oversee provision of clerical services, including translating, photocopying, messenger services and distribution of circulars \memos.
- Supervise the travel Liaison officer and assist in preparation of travel arrangements, accommodation, visas for expatriates and foreign visitors and per diem administration.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in HR, or Business Administration with professional qualification in HR.
- At least 4 years continuous practice in a similar position, with at least 2 years in HRIS (using payroll system).
- Experience in developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems.
- Proficient in IT - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and HRIS (Human resources Information Systems) Somali local employment law.
- Direct experience of organizing emergency/large scale recruitments.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
We would like to share Relief International's Values with you:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
Application, full CV, copy of qualifications and experience certificates should be delivered directly to labor office Port Sudan before or via Sudan job website. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly to Labor/HAC. Closing date will be on day: 15 February 2024. Any application after this date will not be considered.