The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation striving to protect and assist the victims of war and internal violence, has been working in Sudan since 1978. The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Audio-visual Producer in Port Sudan.
The Audio-visual (AV) producer is the focal point for communication activities related to AV production. In close coordination with the Communication and Prevention Coordinator, s/he helps position the delegation and sub-delegations by contributing to setting and implementing communication activities in the field of AV production geared at on- and offline platforms of the ICRC. S/he supports the orientation, planning, producing, and editing of relevant AV productions with the objective of strengthening the visibility and understanding of ICRCís humanitarian response.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifies and develops proposals, concept notes and strategies to produce audio-visual content and tools geared at digital and print use, to support the attainment of operational and institutional priorities, in line with the institutional Communication strategy.
- Is responsible for the follow-up of the full project management cycle for AV production: proposes, plans, produces, and edits high quality digital, print, and audio-visual content using tools such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier and Adobe Photoshop.
- Proposes, plans, produces, and edits high quality interviews in line with storytelling com approaches and the com strategy of the delegation.
- Assists in the development and production of the Delegationís digital products, by providing in time required scripts and translations, as well as uploading proactively and promptly all material on existing ICRC digital platforms.
- Participates in the elaboration of the PFRs (Planning for Result) narrative and budget in relation to Communication production activities and supports implementation at the level of AV production.
- Assists in developing and implementing internal communication tools, to enhance knowledge and understanding of the delegationís operations.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Artistic, communications, marketing or journalism background or university degree or specialized technical diploma.
- Excellent computer knowledge and ability to run specific video production software (e.g. Final Cut Pro).
- Fluent command of English and Arabic.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in audiovisual production, including in emerging technologies.
- Skilled computer user of content/design tools (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro).
- Familiar with the basics of social media, web distribution, and search-engine optimization to ensure content is seen by key audiences.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Leadership, Accountability, People management, Teamwork & Collaboration, Representing the ICRC, Beneficiary & Client focused.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their complete files only in English (CV, motivation letter, and certificate) on Sudanjob.net website before Thursday, 15 February 2024 at 04 pm.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.
- We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
- ICRC Sudan never requests any payment from candidates during any stage of the recruitment life cycle.