Relief International (RI) is an international non-governmental organization US and UK based, working in the humanitarian field since 2004 in Sudan, providing emergency relief and early recovery activities to internally displaced persons (IDP) and rural communities, focusing in lifesaving health and nutrition services. RI is looking for qualified candidates to fill the vacancies mentioned herewith
No. of Post:
North Darfur- El Fasher
12 Feb 2024
Relief International is an international non-profit organization that partners with communities impacted by conflict, climate change and disaster to save lives, build greater resilience and promote long-term health and wellbeing. Our team of more than 7,000 staff and local volunteers work in 15 countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East, providing Health and Nutrition, WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene), Education and Livelihoods programming that creates the foundation for community resilience. We do this by working with local actors to develop safe and inclusive local programming that is evidence based, conflict sensitive, climate smart, and reaches those in need.
The Nutrition Officer will be responsible for the daily management of the Nutrition project in North Darfur with travel to field locations across North Darfur state. They will be responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of project activities, in consultation with the Nutrition and Health Manager(s) and Nutrition Technical Coordinator and monitoring the technical performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise, and provide technical and management assistance in all nutrition interventions, particularly in establishing and maintaining community-based therapeutic and supplementary feeding programs and IYCF activities.
- Supervise staff and operations of community outreach workers and promotion of IYCF messaging
- Conduct evaluation and appraisal of staff as is required
- Conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff and community in the management of severe and moderate malnutrition
- Together with the field team, develop project work plans that are communicated with the office
- Lead nutrition team in planning and implementing nutrition outreach and assessment; identify cases for admission to feeding centres operated by other partners
- Identify areas where nutritional interventions are appropriate and assist in securing resources through developing competitive proposals to donors.
- Compile and submit activity reports including statistical and narrative analysis
- Manage stock levels of all the supplies and equipment; request and transport supplies promptly with the assistance of a logistician; prepare and submit stock reports
- Liaise with other RI programs, other implementing partners and local authorities for proper collaboration and coordination of activities.
- Liaise with the State MoH on issues of capacity building and support in the design of nutrition policies and the implementation of evidence-based activities at the State level
- Coordinate with the State Nutrition Directorate department on nutrition issues in monthly meetings and supportive supervision
- Perform additional tasks as required
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Relief International values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their vision for Relief International, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated thinks and thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Public Health or Nutrition with three years of experience in nutrition programming in humanitarian settings.
- Experience working with community mobilization and integrated interventions
- Program Management experience
- Previous report writing experience
- Computer literate
- Leadership and supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Fluency in English required
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Application, full CV, copy of qualifications and experience certificates should be delivered directly to labor office Port Sudan before or via Sudan job website. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interviews. All inquiries should be addressed directly to Labor/HAC. Closing date will be on day: 12th February 2024. Any application after this date will not be considered.