Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization that strives for a world free from poverty, fear, and oppression. We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to innovative development programming, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
F0 to F5 Gross Salary Range between 904 - 1156 USD.
No. of Post:
Geneina with regular travels to other offices in West Darfur and programme locations.
10 Dec 2023
Supporting Systems in Concern Field Offices in West Darfur.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily, weekly, and monthly operations of the System Department in West Darfur
- Manage and supervise the sub-departments within Systems: HR, Finance, Logistic, Procurement
- Develop, manage, and maintain the budget of the entire System department in West Darfur
- Periodically perform duties of other members within Department
- Support the other departments in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of relationships with other government entities, NGOs, and private organizations to facilitate all assigned operations and training;
- Ensuring financial controls and cash management policies and procurement policies and procedures are followed
- Support constructive engagement with local authorities
- Manage team of logistics, procurement, finance, HR and Admin staff across West Darfur
- Provide coaching and mentorship to members of his/her team
- To develop and lead a team of competent staff
- Ensure financial management aligns with Concernís commitment and compliance expectations.
- Ensure all system expenditure remain within budget.
Logistics/Procurement Management :-
- Support procurement of goods and services within policy and procedure, including engagement with vendors and other external stakeholders as required
- Ensure that procurements are carried out in coordination with programme teams and in line with each project procurement plan
- Ensure procedures are followed in relation to transport reports, movement planning and vehicle servicing.
- Ensure all deliveries are organized
- Ensure all Supplies Requests and subsequent documentation are approved in line with the Country Delegation of Authority Matrix.
- Ensure all contracts are prepared, reviewed and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
- Maintain all procurement records in accordance with Concern and donor requirements
- Ensure all Concern fleet is properly managed
- Ensure all Concernís stock, assets and inventory is properly managed and controlled, with key documents kept up to date
- Carry out Market Surveys as directed by Logistics Coordinator/ System Director/Area Coordinator
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in conducting special tasks/assignments that may not be related to Logistics as and when directed.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Logistics Coordinator/ System Director/Area Coordinator
- Assist with recruitment for all potential local candidates, including engagement with authorities to update them where requested
- Ensure all hard and soft files are properly maintained at WD offices and all documentation is forwarded to Country office
- Oversees quality assurance for HR policies and processes, including timely finalisation of annual performance reviews in collaboration with the Area Coordinator.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelorís Degree or a diploma, preferably in Procurement, Logistics, Administration or related field with demonstrated experience in Procurement and (or) Administration in Sudan.
- At least five (7) years of progressive and relevant experience with at least two (2) yearsí experience with an International NGO
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Cycle.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with colleagues and external stakeholders across all hierarchy levels
- Strong Communication (both oral & written) and negotiations skills
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of local context in West Darfur, preferably with experience of living and working in the region
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills.
- Managing yourself
- Communicating and working with others
- Delivering Results
- Planning and Decision Making
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking
- Change Management
The above duties will be prioritized by the manager in consultation with the post-holder. The post-holder may be asked to re-organize their work to help Concern respond to changes in type or extent of need. This would be done in a way consistent with the purposes of the post and in consultation with the post-holder.
Except in the normal duties of work, information relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide must not be disclosed to another person or organization without authorization.
To apply: Please, submit a cover letter ,CV detailing your experience, skills and qualifications, a telephone contact number and two professional references to Concern Worldwide office in El Geneina ,
Concern is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. To find out more about Concern Worldwide visit our website at http://www.concern.net
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concernís
Core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies