Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 4 years of proven national or international experience in field-based protection in a range of settings
- Detailed understanding of humanitarian and protection principles and their application, including community safety and rights-based approaches
- Knowledge of protection standards and guidelines
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to professionally and appropriately represent the organization and negotiate and defend DRCís interests with a diverse range of government officials, local organizations and other groups.
- Skills in Project Cycle Management and sound project management skills, including creating work plans, budgeting and delegation of responsibilities: sets clear milestones, organizes work and monitors progress in a dynamic and quick paced environment
- Ability to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid environment: Cultural sensitivity and respectful of local contexts
- Proven experience in providing technical guidance and training including development of training materials
Effectively engages and communicates with communities in a responsible manner and is aware of AAP principles
Education background: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
University degree or higher education in law, social sciences, or related field or equivalent work experience;
languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in written and Spoken Arabic.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRCí five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Level: F2 -Management
Salary range: 2,425 -2,730 USD
Location: South Kordofan State
Expected Start date: As soon as possible
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
Applications Closing Date: 26/11/2023
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc. ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org