Building Foundation for Development (BFD) is a Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization aimed to improve humanitarian issues such as health nutrition education, Protection, etc
Project Officer/ Field Supervisor
No. of Post:
3 Months Renewable
25 Sept 2023
Building Foundation for Development (BFD) is an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that is committed to empowering the most vulnerable groups in society. BFD works in a humane and transparent manner to implement sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. BFD follows the four basic humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, independence, and impartiality to make a positive impact on the lives of people in need and to promote sustainable development in the communities it serves. BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
Duties and responsibilities:
MAIN PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Project Officer and Field Supervisor, he/she will assist in the implementation of the project activities, She/he will be responsible for the Management and distribution of medicine, medical supplies and logistic supply, follow routine data collection and review for medicine and supplies consumption reports in targeted health centers and mobile units.
- Comply all BFDís policies (Safeguarding policy, Code of conduct, Child protection, Safety & Security policy.) and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Comply with BFD's policies and practice with respect to BENFS protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of safeguarding
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly consuming reports and collect data of the targeted health centers and mobile team.
- Provide necessary information and support (dosage, usage, and distribution) about the prescribed drugs to patients.
- Follow-up the field Health Workers, CHNVs, MSGs performance.
- Support logistical and financial departments in providing necessary supportive documents in order to facilitate procurement and payments.
- Prepare and review the PHC reports.
- Keep the projectís medicines and other supplies in the warehouses from any damage or tamper.
- Visit and supervise the Health Facilities and solve the problems that may occur.
- Print and process all records, reports and prescriptions and deliver them to the targeted facilities.
- Verify that all reported data is being collected properly and according to reporting templates (indicator tracking/Data entry), M&E plans are followed, tools are used, and processes are correct.
- Ensure report formats are used properly and all reports are submitted on time, followed up on, and finalized in a timely manner and support where issues arise to mentor and improve over time.
- Support to general logistics related to the project activities.
- Assist Health staff in facilitation of regular trainings for team members to strengthen their skills in areas of health and nutrition service provision.
- Follow up supply distribution and consumption in comparison with reported cases managed.
Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Hold degree in Nutrition, Public health, Pharmacy, Health Science or relevant fields
- Has minimum one year of experience working on similar positions
- Ability to effectively communicate with a health and nutrition team
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Good writer Ė ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff
- Ability to represent the Agency in high level meetings with local government
- Good in computer applications, especially with Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD's policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities : The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
How To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates and qualification online through sudanjob.net or HAC Office in Gezira State, a telephone contact number and two professional references, closing date: 25.09.2023, at 14:00
Note :Priority will be given for candidates from the locality and residing in it.