Duties and responsibilities:
DT Global is seeking to hire two (2) Security Focal Point positions for the program. Each Security Focal Point is responsible for promoting staff security and ensuring staff knowledge and compliance with the project safety and security plan. One Security Focal Point will be based in Damazine, Blue Nile State, Sudan, while the other Security Focal Point will be based in Port Sudan, Sudan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project in monitoring, and maintaining the project safety and security plan, ensuring project safety and security risks are addressed.
- Ensure the project safety and security plan is reviewed when there is a change in the security environment or per the (Minimum Operating Security Standards) MOSS schedule at a minimum.
- Support project leadership in implementing the security risk management process, including conducting security risk assessments to support all activities undertaken by the project and as directed.
- Conduct in-country security briefings for new hires and visitors within 24 hours of arrival.
- Conduct site security surveys and assist the project in implementing DT Globalís Site Security Management Process.
- Assist in administering the projectís alert and emergency management system if applicable.
- Liaise with projectís private security service providers ensuring adherence to their scope of work.
- Develop and liaise with a network of knowledgeable security providers, government and client counterparts, other donor security counterparts, and other local security stakeholders to share relevant security information, maintain situational awareness, and establish potential resources for emergency assistance.
- Attend security network meetings and participate in security training. Monitor the local security situation via various communication mediums, including electronic, print, radio, and television.
- Update project security staff regularly regarding safety and security issues and advise accordingly.
- Provide local security alerts to project staff.
- Ensure safety and security incidents are reported per DT Globalís security incident information management (SIIM) Process.
- Act as the focal person for civil/ military coordination on issues and local procedures that could impact project operations.
- Be prepared to assist the project in responding to an incident or crisis.
- Assist in implementing project safety and security training ensuring staff compliance.
- Ensure the project is compliant with its MOSS. Deliver routine and extraordinary briefs to staff.
- Maintain an active communication tree.
- Notify project leadership of any safety and security breaches or staff failure to comply with project safety and security SOPs.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years of operations and/or logistics experience supporting similar programs.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience managing security incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural settings.
- Proactive, with strong prioritization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft 365's suite of applications.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
- Position is open to Sudanese nationals only.