1- PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (35%):-
- Overall responsibility for a coordinated and planned implementation, including monitoring and reporting for the ECHO project.
- Follow-up and monitor local NGOs implementing partners’ activities and take timely corrective action.
- Report timely any discrepancies and deviations in implementing projects to CMP and donor
- Track budget expenditure against activity implementation, recommending necessary budget line adjustments or budget review on a timely manner •
- Regularly communicate with finance and field team to track projects expenditures and take timely corrective action for over or under expenditure
- Build the capacity of the field teams' through on-job training in technical areas, finance, and budget management.
- Technically supervise and support all ECHO project staff
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity at workplace and program implementation.
- Monitor Project implementation plans in consultation with project staff, line management and local government partners. Following project initiation, develop regular (monthly) implementation plans and reports with partners. These include Detailed Activity Plans, MEAL Plans, Procurement Plans, and Recruitment Plans.
- Provide technical assistance, support and mentoring to project and partner staff as required.
- Assist partner staff with reporting, donor compliance, adherence to quality standards and capacity building.
- Ensure that contractual compliance obligations to the donor are understood and adhered to, by all relevant project staff. •
- Authorize all necessary project site expenditure within the limits of authority and ensure that all project expenses are recorded.
2- TEAM LEADERSHIP AND STAFF MANAGEMENT (15%):-
• Review and update structure of ECHO team, including roles and responsibilities within the team and between Program and Program Support teams
• Supervisory support (dotted & solid line management) with relevant field-based program managers, officers and MEAL staff (in East and South Darfur) .
• Proactively enhance performance through regular, constructive, and honest feedback, coaching, and mentoring, as well as administering formal performance assessment
• Coordinate and conduct capacity building of relevant staff to maintain and develop awareness and understanding of international standards in program implementations and incorporate context-specific and culturally acceptable approaches at the local level.
• Contribute to ensuring that all staffs operate and behave in a manner that is consistent with CARE’s code of conduct and uphold its values, including PSHEA, do no harm principles, and Feedback and Accountability Mechanism.
• Contribute to ensuring that all positions are filled with the most highly qualified personnel available and play a lead role in recruitment.
• Ensure that all staff clearly understand their roles and responsibilities. On the basis of their job descriptions monitor staff performance and provide constructive feedback to staff in line with CARE Performance management procedures.
• Ensure that staff participate in the development of project weekly/monthly work plans.
- At all times ensure the safety and security of all project staff in line with CARE policies and procedures.
3 - MONITORING AND REPORTING (25 %):-
- Ensure that MEAL plans and indicator trackers are in place and operational, including usage of standard set of data collection tools, and processes for collection, storage, analysis, reporting and verification of data.
- Monitor project implementation against contractual requirements, including through regular field visits to ensure timely and appropriate delivery of project inputs/outputs/outcomes.
- Work with finance team, regularly scrutinize project expenditure (burn rates), monitor proper utilization of the project budget on monthly basis and provide timely feedback to field teams and finance department on any variance that might come in the BvAs. Lead on all grant revisions, extensions, and donor reporting;
- Consistent with the country office reporting flow, put in place a project specific report tracking tools and system.
- Generate and share regular technical and financial reports on timely basis as per the requirement for donor, government and CARE
- Lead on the baseline, mid-term and final evaluation studies, in close coordination with the MEAL department.
- Lead on identification, planning and implementation of other studies as relevant to the program and available budget.
- Provide/facilitate training to the implementing partners on monitoring and reporting as required
- Ensure that lessons learnt are documented and shared across CARE Sudan
- Establish and implement project monitoring and evaluation systems in order to provide regular information on progress towards objectives and assess the impact of the project.
4 - EXTERNAL COORDINATION (15%):-
- CARE actively works with communities, CSOs, government authorities at different levels. The program coordinator is required to maintain regular and effective communication with all actors.
- Attend regular coordination meetings at field level with peer organizations and relevant coordination fora.
- Ensure effective coordination and relationship building with lineministries, HAC and other relevant authorities.
- Build effective and fruitful partnerships with local implementing partners based on CARE's partnership principles.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other institutions involved in the project. This should include regular contact to ensure they are fully and appropriately involved in the project.
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen relations with other agencies working in the same geographic or technical area.
5 - Uphold CARE´s values and contribute to the CO shared priorities (5%):-
- Be aware of the CAREs Safety and Security Management Plan (SSMP) and comply with it at all times.
- Be aware of CARE’s commitments to Gender and Diversity, PSEA and strive to uphold them
- Be committed to promote CARE’s core values at all times
- Ensure program staff under her/his supervision understands individual and collective responsibilities for safety, security, and protection.
- Liaise with the Security Officer to ensure compliance with CARE’s Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat.
6- Any other assignment (5%):-
Respond to other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor or senior management, including but not limited to supporting the organizational drive to implement relevant planned strategies and contributing to fundraising efforts and proposal development for new opportunities.
Authority: Reports to the Deputy Emergency Team Leader.
Contacts and Key Relationships: The PC will report to the Deputy Emergency Team Leader, with functional lines to HoPO for East Darfur and HoPO for South Darfur. S/he will work closely with Program Managers and other program staff in both states to provide and coordinate managerial and technical support to all aspects of the ECHO project. The PC will directly assist the field teams including but not limited to providing on-site and remote support for planning, budgeting, and implementation, quality assurance and accountability, and representation at key meetings at field level. S/He will work closely with finance and grants teams on the financial management of the project. In CARE International, the Program Coordinator will develop effective relationships with relevant experts in the East & Central Africa Region as well as Head Quarter’s.
Working Conditions: As stated in the terms of contract and the CARE International Sudan HR manual. The location of the position is East Darfur with up to 30% field travel is required to South Darfur and all project sites within East and South Darfur.