Vacancy No: 1
FSN Grade 7
No. of Post:
Greater Kordofan Region, Sudan
Long Term, Full time, Specific Work Contract
20 Sept 2023
DT Global is recruiting for project positions for a 38-month USAID-funded program in Sudan focused on strengthening citizen engagement around shared, democratic values. The program aims to build the capacity of civil society organizations, support social institution building, and strengthen strategic communications and public information/outreach in order to improve citizens’ access to timely and accurate information.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Grants Assistant (GA) will support the programs team by monitoring and documenting grants as they move through the activity cycle. The GA will work in close conjunction with the Deputy Chief of Party Programs (DCOP-P), Senior Program Development Officer (PDO), Procurement and Logistics Officer (PLO), Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer (MELO), and Research Manager. This position may require regular travel throughout the Greater Kordofan Region in Sudan contingent on the security situation and on project need, reimbursable for project-related travel expenses.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of budgets for individual activities to be implemented – inclusive of conducting market surveys, identifying all items required for successful implementation and liaising with the procurement and logistics teams to identify all costs.
- Support implementation oversight, regularly review expenses against budgets to ensure that all costs are being tracked properly and that all required items are being purchased as planned; check expenses against budget at the conclusion of the activity to ensure all expenses are accounted for prior to closing activities.
- Regularly liaise with the procurement and logistics offices to ensure all documentation is being completed correctly, and to ensure that procurements and delivery of goods to grantees are moving forward appropriately.
- In collaboration with the program team, support coordination for the execution of kick-off meeting with grantees to cover all the practical details of the implementation of the grant.
- Support the completion of all activity documentation such as grant agreements, transfer of titles, activity close out forms.
- As required, travel to field sites to support activity development, implementation, and closedown.
- Support the submission of cash advance requests and support the management of cash payments and liquidation of advances necessary to implement activities.
- In coordination with the MEL team, support the execution of M&E tasks – including taking photos, collecting attendance sheets, conducting focus group discussions or key informant interviews.
- Ensure all items are properly documented and stored in the corresponding activity files.
- Contribute to the development of weekly activity notes, and any reports required for your region of work.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least one to two years of progressive experience working in administration, program or grants management, or operations departments, preferably while implementing donor-funded programming.
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout the country on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional. judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including MS Word and Excel.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic is required.
- Position open to Sudan nationals only.
Applicants are requested to submit their CVs and a cover letter through Sudan Jobs. The cover letter should outline your motivation and why you believe you are qualified for this position. The deadline for all applications is September 20 at 11:59 pm.