Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization that strives for a world free from poverty, fear, and oppression. We deliver life-saving and life-changing interventions to the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. From rapid emergency response to innovative development programming, we go to the hardest to reach places to make sure that no-one is left behind.
D0 to D5 Gross Salary Range between 582- 743 USD depends on expierience
No. of Post:
25 March 2023
The procurement officer will be responsible for carry out procurement for Concern Worldwide and ensuring that all procurement is in line with Concern procurement procedures, Donor Guidelines and ensures best value for money when sourcing suppliers and services for Concern Worldwide.
The Procurement Officer will be responsible and accountable for the documentation management, delivery of goods, services and works in Concern Office. He/she will effectively and efficiently support procurement systems, processes and activities to deliver quality programing on time in line with organizational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets.
Duties and responsibilities:
Procurement & Compliance:
- Ensure the SRs allocated to you for procurement are completed as per the procurement lead-time in lines with the Concerns International Procurement Guidelines.
- Ensuring the any procurement is having all necessary paperwork, requesting quotations, evaluating quotations and putting LPO has and contracts in place.
- Ensuring that the evaluation reports and selection criteria of vendors/supplier is appropriately documented as outlined in the international procurement manual.
- Ensuring that the correct and appropriate contract is prepared, reviewed and duly approved upon selection of a vendor/supplier.
- Provide punctual feedback to Logistics Coordinator whenever there might be delays at any point during a procurement process.
- In liaison with the Technical Staff and warehouse officer, ensure the goods procured is in right specification in line with the PO/Contract.
- For any new audits support in gathering the documents needed and sharing with the Logistics Coordinator.
- Printing field documents for approval in Khartoum & scanning back of approved documents to the field locations.
Reporting& Records Management
Ensure that all procurement records are properly kept and all reports submitted in a timely manner by:
- Maintain an up to date Suppliers Request (SR) tracking sheet for Khartoum at all times and laise with the field Procurement officers to ensure their Trackers are up-to-date and sharing with the Logistics Coordinator on a Weekly Basis.
- Efficient management of all documentation and paper trails in the Concern
- Maintaining all Procurement files (both hard and electronic copies) in an organized, accurate and up to date manner.
- Ensuring that all documentation and correspondences arising out of any procurement related transaction is appropriately documented and incorporated in the corresponding procurement file.
- Maintaining and regularly updating supplier database, price catalogue and carry out Market Surveys as directed by Logistics Coordinator and report on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain up to date the contract trackers and update the Relevant departments when the contract are due in 2 monthsí time
- Maintain up-to-date the Country Waivers and sharing on a quarterly basis with the Logistics Coordinator.
Communications and Coordination:
Ensure that the procurement function works better together with both internal and external stakeholders by:
- In liaison with the SR Procurement officer, Communicate on a Timely and promptly basis through arranging for Procurement Committee Meetings (as and when required).
- Directly responsible for submission of all PRF and supporting documentations to the Finance Dept. after recording in the Payment ledger.
- Constantly coordinating & liaising with other support functions (HR, Admin, and Finance) to effectively provide support to program implementation.
- Managing procurement related external communications with vendors/suppliers in liaison with the Logistics Coordinator and Systems Director.
- Whenever there is a gap in the field location in procurement officer travel to cover up.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in program as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organization.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concernís policies and procedures (Code of Conduct and its associated policies, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc.).
- Contribute to ongoing security management and planning as necessary.
- Actively participate in any emergency response if called upon to do so (within the existing program area or in a new one)
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in conducting special tasks/assignments that may not be related to procurement as and when directed.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner that will not bring disrepute to Concern Worldwide or conduct that may jeopardize Concernís humanitarian mission.
Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Logistics Coordinator
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelorís Degree required, preferably in Procurement, Logistics, Administration or related field with demonstrated experience in Procurement in Sudan.
- At least two (2) years of progressive experience with an International NGO in Procurement.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the Procurement Cycle.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with colleagues across all hierarchy levels
- Strong Communication (both oral & written) and negotiations skills
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills.
- High level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters.
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and Liberia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
HIV & AIDS :
Concern Sudan Country Programme is committed to respond to HIV & AIDS and to a supportive working environment for those infected or affected. Each staff member is required to contribute to achieving this commitment by:
- Raising awareness and being updated on HIV & AIDS issues
- Protecting him/herself and colleagues
- Sharing information with colleagues and avoiding stigma and discrimination
Concern Worldwide in Sudan recognizes that the establishment of equality of opportunity between men and women is fundamental to both the achievement of fairness and to poverty elimination.
Therefore, each staff member of Concern is expected to be sensitive to equality issues in their relationships with colleagues and in their work and to participate in implementation of gender mainstreaming plans, both at the workplace and in programmes
member of Concern is expected to be sensitive to equality issues in their relationships with colleagues and in their work and to participate in implementation of gender mainstreaming plans, both at the workplace and in programmes
Concern is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s
Core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies
To apply : Please submit a cover letter , CV detailing your experience skills and qualifications, your experience and educational certificates, ID, Birth Certificate, National Number, Contact details for two professional references to Sudan Job Website.