ADRA Sudan has been operational in Sudan for over 40 years and currently leads humanitarian assistance efforts in conflict-affected Blue Nile, White Nile and West Darfur States, supporting IDPs, returnees, refugees and host communities. ADRA is also implementing urban programming supporting women projects in Khartoum state.ADRA Sudan’s current areas of programming include food Security and livelihoods, WASH, nutrition, Peace building and Conflict Resolution, Education and protection, with gender Equity and environment mainstreamed.
Vacancy No: 002
Grade and Gross Salary:
No. of Post:
One Year Subject to 3 Months' Probation Period.
23 March 2023
ADRA Sudanís key values are:
- Respect to individuals without regard to their race, gender, culture, family background, or belief system, especially the most vulnerable of society, such as women, children, elderly, poor, and people with special needs.
- Integrity and transparency in relationships with all persons, organizations, systems, and processes, including the ADRA network.
Excellence in all activities
Duties and responsibilities:
- Update and manage the ADRA website, ensuring current data and efficient feeding of information on operation and program.
- Identify, modify, develop, and find solutions for solving computer systems problems.
- Support with the design and add new features to the website such as ADRA Sudan Facebook posting and Twitter posts.
- Link the ADRA Sudan web page with data derived from the Information Management System to produce live feeding data.
- Regularly monitoring the leased line internet connection to ensure adequate operating.
- Ensure that emailing services are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with database or other web application needs.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications and networking upon request from staff members.
- Assist, as needed, with developing databases or other application needs for the staff both in the main office in Khartoum and in the regional/field offices.
- Regularly update anti-virus programs and ensure the entire network and computers are virus-free.
- Assist in establishing a clear, backup policy for ADRA Sudan and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list, ensuring backup and archives are made and stored as scheduled.
- Undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems, and general IT maintenance and trainingó as per needs of ADRA Sudan.
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT devices and accessories (Photocopiers, computers, phones and laptops, scanners, and externals) are well maintained and working properly.
- Oversee repair of computers and IT equipment locally, when possible - facilitate and advise on best, safest, and most economical solutions.
- Maintain an efficient Network for all ADRA Sudan offices.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in ADRA Sudan offices.
- Facilitate the purchase of computers and IT-related items through the Logistics Department.
- Maintain the mail server and assign addresses as instructed by the Logistics Manager or his assignee.
- Assisting the logistics staff in inventorying and tracking IT assets.
- Maintain proper documentation of all IT equipment including system profiles, warranties, and IT stock/accessories.
- Organize and maintain a central filing system of satellite systems in the ADRA Sudan main office.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of IT policies.
- Maintain and deploy ADRA Sudan Management system for projects, staff, and Emergency Management, provide administrative oversight and manage relationships with all program partners; identify and resolve issues, ensure appropriate support, and staff training.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelorís degree, preferably in areas such as Computer Science or IT Management.
- Minimum 3 (Three) years as ICT Assistant or similar positions, preferably in INGO or humanitarian organizations and/or supervisory/coordination positions.
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint),
Experience with working in a multicultural team