Building Foundation for Development (BFD) is a Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization aimed to improve humanitarian issues such as health nutrition education, Protection, etc
Females are strongly encouraged to apply
No. of Post:
Khartoum and Field Visits
^ 6 Month Renwable
23 March 2023
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit organization, which follows the paradigm of sustainable development that aims at economic development in an efficient and sustainable way through many tendencies. BFD is also a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
S/he will oversee the implementation of project activities and ensure that the quality standards are met. S/he will also ensure effective implementation, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation of health and nutrition activities, and s/he has at least 3 years of humanitarian experience. The H&N officer will conduct regular field visits to the health facilities to provide supportive supervision of the projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Comply all BFD’s policies (Safeguarding policy, Code of conduct, Child protection, Safety & Security policy.) and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Comply with BFD's policies and practice with respect to BENFS protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of safeguarding.
- Overall management of the project activities: including planning, needs re-assessment, and mobilization, financial planning and tracking, supervision of staff, technical guidance, and reporting under his/her line manager supervision and coordination with , H&N Manager and H&N Technical Advisors and with the assistance of Area Manager.
- Ensure the manage the implementation of the project in accordance with the proposal, donor agreement, and BFD's policies and guidelines, and ensure that the project is implemented to a high quality, on time, and against agreed work plans and achieves desired results.
- Track budget and manages program activities according to the scope of the grant and budget under his/her line manager supervision.
- Supervising on activities implementation and monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators, and outcomes and ensure accurate and timely data collection at the field level
- Field visits to supervise the implementation of activities in the field.
- Supervision of the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Maintains continuous communication with the supervisors, and relevant departments to report on progress on project goals.
- Works with Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of project supplies is within budgeted targets
- Monitor activities, oversee technical design and execution, and evaluate progress.
- Provide direction to the field team to achieve agreed activities and project objectives.
- Identify when technical support is required (sectoral, logistics, finance, reporting, M&E, etc.)
- Ensure that all project activities and Training are both in line with ministry and local government requirements
- Work closely with the field team to determine the operational needs of the Nutration interventions.
- Maintain close contact and coordination with the Governorate Heath Office (GHO) and District Health Office (DHO) and relevant authorities to facilitate project implementation.
- Planning and following up on the procurement of supplies and stationery for the project activities.
- Prepare a technical and financial plan for Training and any payments.
- Liaise with the donor, clusters, and other relevant stakeholders on technical aspects of project implementation in consultation with the line Manager and Technical Advisor.
- Provide overall direction focusing on the program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Provide quality control of project interventions in cooperation with the MEAL Department
- Ensure that health staff in facilities understand and implement the treatment guidelines and protocols recommended by MoPHP.
- Ensure that BFD policies and procedures are adhered to adequately .
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in (Medical, paramedical, or Public Health ) equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the Health and Nutrition sector; experience with INGO required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting.
- Experience in program cycle management and experience in a complex and matrix-managed organization.
- Knowledge of adequate financial and budgetary controls; proven ability to manage budgets.
- Leadership qualities, motivational skills, mentoring ability; proven experience overseeing and developing a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience supervising staff.
- Have got training in Health& protection.
- Excellent writer – the ability to develop high-quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Extremely flexible and can cope with stressful situations.
- Excellent computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams.
- The appliuicant must be of Sudanese nationality.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD's policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
How To apply: Please, submit your CV, work certificates and qualification online through sudanjob.net or HAC Office in Khartoum, a telephone contact number and two professional references, closing date: 23.03.2023, at 14:00