Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organisation devoted to international solidarity, social and humanitarian causes in the fields of humanitarian assistance and development aid, both in France and in the world.
Head of Mission
No. of Post:
Khartoum (including travel to project site if needed)
4 month (renewable depending on funding and performance)
25 March 2023
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require the mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
ROLE WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION
The MEAL Officer is responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research and learning framework of the projects. MEAL Officer should develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the project. MEAL officer should take lead on developing MEAL tools and activities.
The MEAL Officer reports to Head of Mission
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the development of MEAL systems, including procedures, guidelines and tools at the mission level.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development and logical framework design.
- Support the program teams in planning for and executing MEAL activities, including, data collection methodologies and tools; and data management, analysis and use.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations and assessments. Also monitoring data in program development, ajustment, or review.
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned, and reports.
- Ensure effective knowledge sharing within the mission
- Promote mainstreaming of specific subjects and ensure that cross-cutting issues are implemented and reflected in programs with special focus on protection mainstreaming, gender, governance and child safeguarding.
- Ensure MEAL plan is elaborated for each project under its responsibility and adhered to.
- Carry out field visits, collect and manage all requested project data
- Support program teams in organisation of initial kick-off meetings for each project and launching the PMP monitoring part.
- Support Programs in organisation of lessons learnt or action review workshops.
- Support programs in data collection, analysis and reporting
- Contribute to the development of Mission MEAL Standard Operation Procedures and train relevant staff on them.
- Ensure project quality and accountability through field visits, providing support to program team and developing appropriate tools and mechanisms to enhance quality delivery of projects.
- Support project specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment. Also, support in beneficiary selection process.
- Contribute to the development of M&E tools including data collection instruments in order to inform SIF about strategic indicators.
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports.
- Support internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises.
- Ensure all information is centrally held, accurate and available. In addition, guide and support the development of appropriate data management systems.
- Implement feedback, suggestions and accountability mechanisms as per SOP
- Provide timely information to staff team about risks related to the projects
- Set the data collection software by providing the tools needed
- Ensure SIF reports timely relevant data to partners and within the mechanisms for each project under his responsibility.
- Report performed activities and achievements to line manager.
- Perform Any additional task requested by line manager
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Education: A Bachelor degree in Economics, Political or Social Sciences, Quantitative or Statistical Analysis, Management Information Systems or any relevant degree.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation. Demonstrated experience in project proposal & report writing.
- A proactive person with initiative and drive, honesty with a high level of integrity; a team player with good planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions which may change quickly requiring flexibility
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in project cycle management
- Ability to build, manage, motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic; French would be a plus
- Computer skills (MS Package), knowledge of statistical software and/or qualitative data management software will be an advantage;
- Experience with mobile data collection software (ODK, Kobo Collect);
- Knowledge of GIS software is an asset;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Being an association with limited means, versatility and flexibility are necessary to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional
- The employee may be affected to perform other tasks in accordance with its job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
- Respect and promote SIF’s Policies and Agree to comply with SIF Code of Conduct and other regulations ensures Child safeguarding standards are upheld.
- Report to your line manager any discrepancies of SIF’s policies among the team or partners
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Position-based: Khartoum (with possible trvel to the filed if needed
SIF is an equal opportunity employer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV. Kindly please DON’T attach any Education Certificate – we’ll request if needed. Deadline for application: March
25, 2023. Duration of Contract:4 month (renewable depending on funding and performance).
Application should be submitted to www.sudanjob.net and also to Labour office, Khartoum Al Jamhoriya Street.