Technical Leadership for DRC Sudan
- Provide support to a DRC-led durable solutions initiative to ensure program activities are in line with durable solutions guidelines and standards
- Develop clear workplans for program teams in line with programme timelines
- Under the supervision of the Durable Solutions Programme, to provide overall direction from locality level for DRC Sudan's approach to durable solutions (returns, relocation and local integration) ensuring this is in line with DRC policies, principles and approaches
- Ensure regular communication and collaboration with Durable solutions technical coordinators at federal level, as well as DRC staff in neighboring localities ensuring that work is closely coordinated with the state level Durable Solutions working group in central Darfur.
- Provide updates and technical input to the DS programme Manager and Chief of party Head on durable solutions through briefings notes, presentations for donors and other senior stakeholders
- Support all relevant DRC staff in the locality to ensure appropriate durable solutions measures and strategies are mainstreamed throughout the central Darfur programme, through field visits, increased information sharing, and the use of standardized tools, guidance and other support documents as needed
- Provide regular capacity building support including workshops and trainings to DRC staff on durable solutions-related issues within the locality
- Review and input to all relevant strategies, roadmaps, proposals and reports from a durable solutions perspective
- Contribute to providing a leading technical role in the development of new durable solutions-focused activities (e.g. Housing Land and Property issues, community cohesion)
- Lead advocacy efforts on issues related to durable solutions such as population movements, forced returns etc.
- Provide cover and support for other DRC technical staff as necessary
2) Coordination of locality-level Durable Solutions initiatives
- Coordination of INGOs or sub-grantees at locality -level to ensure active engagement in state-level Durable Solutions Working Groups
- Strengthening of horizontal linkages at locality -level between durable solutions actors, and vertical linkages between locality -and state level DSWG.
- Build the understanding and capacity of INGOs/subgrantees operating in locality and central Darfur on durable solutions (through trainings, workshops, briefing notes, and tailored guidance based on key themes)
- Promote linkages to state level key stakeholders/INGOs initiatives and partners to collectively address durable solutions in Central Darfur;
- Promote the use of data and research to inform collective analysis and common understanding regarding the situation of displacement affected communities and their pathway towards durable solutions in different locations (through regular information sharing, coordinating with key information management agencies, researchers etc.)
- Conduct solutions feasibility assessments/other solutions focused assessments in coordination with other agencies, communities, and local authorities, in key identified locations.