HA's programs have a strategic the focus on provision of humanitarian assistance (FSL, Protection, Education and WASH) and resilience cantered programming with a key focus on livelihoods and food security. The resilience framework continues to strive to enable HA's programs to enable conflict-affected communities to better recover from shocks and changes in their context and also allows them to prepare for future scenarios. HA places a high value on ensuring the specific needs of women, boys, and girls are met through a gender-sensitive approach that seeks transformative outcomes.
The Program Officer is overall responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the program in Kordofan. The Program Officer will work closely both with management and support staff (including finance, administration, and program) to ensure the day-to-day activities are implemented according to schedule, budget, and required quality. The Program Officer reports directly to the Area Coordinator with written and oral activity and budget reports (as defined by the Area Coordinator). The Program Officer will assist the Team Leader in outlining a strategic plan for the implementation of this program including identifying target areas/projects, and methods of operation for effective programming and maximum results.
Duties and responsibilities:
Program management and Implementation:
- Ensure all projects are adequately planned for by using the HA-approved planning tools and that plans are comprehensive and detailed.
- Ensure timely implementation of all planned activities within the program
- Ensure all projects budget are all spent within the approved limits
- Ensure that projects targets are achieved according to the approved plans
- Ensure Program Budget utilization and Activity implementation is effectively monitored through Weekly, Monthly Quarterly review meetings.
- In coordination with HA program cluster specialists, Technical Advisors and the M&E team; monitor and promote accountability in utilizing Programme resources
- Ensure necessary changes in plans are identified, communicated and managed accordingly
- Coordinate with HA program cluster specialists in the field on assessments, analysis, procedures, implementation, and advocacy/communication
- Coordinate the technical support for implementing partners provided by Human Appeal TAs.
- Coordinate the donors’ visits to the project's different locations, and make sure all the implementation is up to the standards.
- Networking and Collaboration (To maintain effective relations exit between HA and all partners in South Kordofan
- Coordinate and build relationships and linkages with local authorities and communities in the areas HA is operating and other prospective areas.
- Coordination and building relations with other NGOs that are working in and around the areas.
- Ensure proper coordination with all the relevant government departments, UN agencies and NGOs operating in South Kordofan.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of relationships with communities, village councils and local government in the target districts of the area.
- Mobilize communities to participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of projects as well as design viable strategies which are both respectful of the local culture and sensitive towards the female population but that are effective in engaging women in the activities of the program.
- Ensure close coordination with relevant government institutions
- Ensure HA is represented in the community, GoS, and NGO meetings and give HA Program updates in South Kordofan if and when necessary.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of high-quality and timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal Human Appeal requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Facilitate program reporting and information flow between projects’ teams, partners, and other departments in South Kordofan;
- Support the IF team and the implementation team with grant setup, cycle, and closure, including budget and payment schedule, reporting dates, and schedules
- Ensure projects are effectively monitored to fast-track implementation and to contribute authentic reporting
- Ensure that upon monitoring visits, staff document and produce reports after the visits
- Ensure project staff produces quality and timely monitoring reports, monthly reports, quarterly project reports and any other report as required by the donor.
- Ensure documentation of success stories and lessons learned to accompany the performance reports.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- University degree in Development, Humanitarian, Social Studies or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience focused in the management of development Programs involving rural communities to promote sustainable development.
- Experience in managing multi-sector projects
- Administrative capacity and planning skills to manage a large team of national staff of multiple sectors.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in written.
- Effectively coordinate with district, provincial and national authorities the program activities ensuring that there are synergies built with the national policies. Keep authorities abreast of the progress of the program.
- Extensive travel to program areas is required.
- This position requires excellent command Arabic and English.
- This post requires a high computer literacy with full knowledge of office applications.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Can work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to deal with complexity at a different level.