On Community Based Protection
- Ensure the delivery of CBP by the Protection Assistant is in line with global/DRC SOPs and standards.
- Effectively use and comply with all the tools, forms and SOPs related to CBP, PM communicated by the Team Leader and Protection Manager.
- Comply with applicable professional standards related to protection and humanitarian interventions.
- Contribute to the quality of DRC’s community outreach approach by effectively identifying and coordinating with the protection assistants, the community mobilizers/outreach volunteers (COVs), community-based protection networks (CBPNs) and other community focal points. ensure that community mobilizers and focal points represent a diversity of backgrounds, profiles and locations so as to support DRC’s capacity to reach the individuals who are the most in need of protection and assistance.
- Provide technical guidance to the protection assistants and oversee all aspects of the relationship with COVs and CBPNs members including identification and mobilization, onboarding and capacity-building, contractual and administrative management, coordination on field activities etc.
- With the support of Protection TL and the Protection Manager , rollout risk analysis for the protection risk , and target vulnerable population with Community Protection assistance impactful projects with the aim to reduce , mitigate the protection risk that they are facing , and insure community participation in order to better handing over this projects
Ensure that individuals in need of protection services and/or assistance, identified through outreach and other activities, are timely and adequately referred to the relevant services either internally or externally. Conduct regular and systematized follow-up of all referred cases to ensure adequate service provision, reassess needs and potentially identify any new trends
- Organize and coordinate information dissemination, awareness and capacity-building activities with communities on protection risks, on rights and on available services among others, in safe and suitable locations.
- Provide guidance to the protection assistants in engaging COVs in Protection Monitoring activities with the aim at collecting qualitative and quantitative data over the protection risks in the target areas and contribute to drafting regular protection monitoring reports.
- Develop capacity building plan when need to ensure continues development for the community structures (CBPNs , COVs.. etc) including the development and strengthen the referral pathways internally with DRC infrastructure and shelter team and livelihood
On protection monitoring :
- Develop a work plan for the implementation of protection monitoring activities within the framework of the project;
- Carry out protection monitoring activities according to work plan and allocated budget in accordance with protection standards and the guidance of the protection team leader
- Contribute to the review and revision process of protection monitoring tools – FGD, KII, and site observation forms;
- Collect protection monitoring data by utilizing Kobo toolbox;
- Provide referral service to individuals with a specific need to relevant services including individual protection assistance;
- Engage in developing and implementing local advocacy plan and/ or response plan according to the finding of protection monitoring with the leadership of protection team leader;
- Conduct community awareness-raising and information dissemination on identified protection risks and prevention and mitigation strategies;
- Coordinate the logistics and smooth movement of staff engaged in protection monitoring;
- Coordinate with finance, supply chain, administration, and any relevant department to ensure the smooth flow of protection monitoring activities;
- Conduct regular monitoring of the level of service provision in the target area and report on findings;
- Ensure the adherence to Ethical data collection and data protection and data sharing protocols throughout the protection monitoring process;
- Carry out any additional protection activities as assigned from the protection team leader and protection manager;
Monitoring and Reporting
- Support the Protection Assistants in producing quality and accurate reports and supporting documentation on CBP and PM activities and ensure their timely submission to the Team Leader and the Protection Manager for review and internal information sharing. To this end, ensure that both the hard and soft copies of all activity reports are safely archived. Overall, effectively use the tools and comply with the processes related to monitoring and reporting, including through the use of shared drive and dedicated platforms for information management.
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on issues in the implementation of the program
- Contribute to the preparation of regular protection monitoring reports according to project requirements;
- Prepare and submit a report on progress on protection monitoring activities to protection team leader;
- Ensure that project activities are properly documented and reported;
Representation and coordination
- Represent DRC and the program towards a wide range of stakeholders including individual beneficiaries, community mobilizers, community-based structures’ members and focal points. To this end, ensure professional standards and transparent communication in the external representation of the organization so as to build trust and ensure effective collaboration with all concerned stakeholders.
Ensure that all interactions with individual beneficiaries take place in an environment and in a way that respect and promote the individuals’ safety, agency and dignity in accordance with professional standards for protection and humanitarian work
Support the coordination of program support activities as they relate to logistics, administration or security as relevant, under the guidance and supervision of the Protection Team Leader and in coordination with the relevant departments. Comply with all relevant internal policies and directives.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
2 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian interventions, social sciences, human rights or community development, preferably with an international humanitarian organization
- Good knowledge of community-based protection activities.
- Good knowledge of protection Monitoring activities.
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)