Duties and responsibilities:
The HR Coordinator can delegate ad hoc any responsibility to the Deputy HR Coordinator, depending on the dimension of the Mission. Among others, the Deputy HR Coordinator could:
- Participate in the Human Resource planning, implementation and monitoring in the mission to properly achieve the mission’s objectives and respond to needs that may arise, particularly:
- Participate in the definition of job profiles, and the mission set-up in terms of HR needs
- Participate in the project opening and closing and its timeframe from HR perspective.
- Provide support to field teams in order to guarantee good performance and management.
- Provide support to field coordinators, field Administration Managers and other supervisors in all HR related issues, provide technical support ensuring they understand and apply HR management policies and tools.
- Provide support in the legal, administrative HR management of the mission, for both national and international staff , on issues related to Labour law, contracts, salaries, social security, labor relations, health insurance systems, etc
- Check together with HRCo the living standards of international, regional, delocalized staff and help monitoring international staff’s movements (visas, tickets, etc)
- Participate in the selection and recruitment processes, as well as in the induction programs and welcome briefings/sessions in order to recruit and prepare the most suitable candidates for the mission
- Participate in the identification of staff development , training needs / potential to promote the professional growth of people within the organization.
- Report to the HRCo on the implementation of HR policies in the field as well as of any incidents / problems that may arise and make proposals to improve HR management in the field.
- Support HRCo in the overall administration of the Mission.
- Represent MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for issues related to HR and Administration, at the request of the HRCo.
- Support HRCo in all reporting tools under his/her responsibility.
- Provides project support to field HR through regular field visits;
- Management and coaching of OCA Transit Unit including the regular monitoring of entry permits, visa extensions, movements, flight bookings;
- In close collaboration with HRCo, works on strengthening the capacity of the HR Coordination team as well as the project HR team;
- Takes the lead with coordination recruitment; managing the liaison with the HAC;
- Conducts periodically presentations on relevant HR topics at Coordination as well as projects (i.e. C of C, IR, What is MSF?)
- Briefs and de-briefs IMS, and communicates relevant findings to the HRCO;
- Along with L&D managEWRer, oversee the locally recruited staff evaluation process across the mission (ensuring LRS are evaluated during their probation period and as per the PMF timings).
- Provides input to HR policies;
- Develop tools and templates to ensure the consistency and smooth functioning of HR department across mission
- Together with PAM, remain updated about the country labor law practices, changes, amendments and inform proactively the HRCO in advance for any necessary actions required
- Together with HRCO, manage disciplinary cases and take lead in resolving the conflicts
- Assists the HRCO with the mid- year review process.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education: Essential, degree in HR management or administration related studies.
Experience: Essential, working experience of at least 2 years in relevant and similar jobs.
Languages: Essential mission working language and local language.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, internet).