ZOA is an international non-governmental organisation with its head office in the Netherlands. ZOA has been working in Sudan since 2004. Its current focus is on post-conflict recovery and rehabilitation and ZOA operates programmes in North Darfur, East Darfur, South Darfur and Gedaref State, covering the sectors of food security and livelihoods & Economic Development, Integrated Water Resources Management and Education.
PURPOSE of the POSITION:
The IT support & HR Assistant shall ensure optimal user experience by installing and maintaining workstations, handling user requests and issues, train users, ensure IT security and maintain office network.
He or she will also support in performing HR and administrative issues in Khartoum Office.
Duties and responsibilities:
MAIN RESPOSIBILITIES/ ACTIVITIES:
- Supporting end users as first point of contact and resolving issues and requests
- Training users in using ZOA information systems and basic computer skills.
- Purchasing, installing and maintaining workstations and manage lifecycle of IT assets.
- Ensuring workstations and network is compliant with ZOA IT policies
- Maintain network and IT equipment in local network, making sure backup are made, security updates are installed, and printers and where applicable telephone systems are functioning.
- Monitoring internet connection, liaising with provider to ensure speed is met and keeping up-to-date with local internet trends and developments.
- Manage User accounts and facilitate IT onboarding and offboarding of country staff.
- Implement changes to network in corporation with Head Quarters IT.
- Identify possibilities for improvements in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support for internal, external and donor audits of IT systems and data.
- Other reasonable duties assigned by the line manager.
Main HR Activities & Tasks: (Up to 20%)
- Recruitment: Obtain job approval from responsible persons, conduct advertisement for approved positions, arranging for interviews, preparation of recruitment documents & recruitment tracker.
- Create, update, and maintain staff files in both hard and digital form while ensuring a high level of confidentiality and that staff files are complete and stored safely.
- Support the HR & Logs Coordinator in ensuring compliance with HR policies and practices in accordance with the employment law and ZOA country office policies and procedures.
- Support the HR & Logs Coordinator in ensuring an effective Performance Management system and follow-up with supervisors to ensure timely completion of employee performance review.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships amongst all staff and facilitate best practices including good mechanisms of information sharing externally and internally.
- Support the HR & Logs Coordinator in timely preparation of relevant HR reports.
- Provide regular support to Projects and Field offices in recruitment process and other HR\Admin related issues.
- Support in planning for induction program and coordinate with different responsible persons for on-boarding of new employees and ensure continuous capacity of existing employees.
- Coordinate and collaborate with HR Manager, Senior HR Officer and Field HR Officers in planning and implementing HR & Administration activities.
Main Administrative Tasks: (Up to 20%)
- Support on Liaison related work including preparing and submitting the required documents to HAC
- Responsible for office management including requesting for payments of utilities bills (water, electricity, collecting bills for monthly payment for ZAIN, MAXNET, etc) and supervision of House Keepers.
- Ensure timely maintenance and repairs of electricity, ACs, Water Tanks, etc.
- Responsible for facilitating travel support to all visitors including staff, donors, external visitors by completing hotel booking, coordinating transport, receiving guests etc.
- File documents and correspondence in their respective file holders as per the established filing keys and procedures.
- Plan, organise and schedule priorities in handling multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all ZOA resources and ensure the security of staff.
- Comply with all relevant ZOA policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies..
- Ensure office facilities, computers and accessories are always in good condition and ready for use.
- Assist on quotation process and collect bills from suppliers
- Assist on follow up of payment to suppliers/service providers
- Assist on Organize storage of goods / items
- Assist on (international / domestic)travel and transportation of staff and visitors to and from Abroad Field Offices;
- Assist on transportation of materials to the Field Offices;
- Any other duty that is consistent with the key tasks of the function
The IT Support & HR Assistant is accountable to HR & Logistics Manager and Senior HR& Liaison Officer with supervision responsibility according to the ZOA procedures and set authority levels.
Government related Departments
NLD IT Manager
Senior Procurements & Logistics Officer
ZOA Operations Team and Khartoum Office Staff
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA.
- such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Information Technology or any degree relevant to this field.
- Minimum working experience of 3-years’ experience in IT
- Proven Technical insight
- Willingness & ability to learn.
- Fluent English & Arabic
- Communication skills: Can relate well to people in order to understand their IT needs and communicate -both orally and in writing - in such a way that the essence gets across to others and is understood:
- Has good command of the English [and local] language
- Can convey information in a clear and non-technical way.
- Good social skills
- Analytic thinking: Can approach a technical problem and unravel it into manageable parts.
- Customer oriented:
- Listens well to the customer/user and actively demonstrates responding to the wishes/expectations of the customer/user.
- Windows 10,11, Microsoft Office
- Microsoft 365 cloud
- Basic networking (routing switching, wifi, cabling)
- Maintains high standards with regard to own professionalism and that of others.
- Planning and organisation: Is able to deal with multiple tasks and demands at the same time, plan and organise activities in an efficient and effective way:
- Works in a planned and structured way and ensure the timely completion of activities.
- Being flexible to adjust to different contexts and requirements
- Advisory and participatory attitude
- A highly ethical work standard
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-religious setting.
Ability to work during weekends and public holidays
The candidate will subject to Membercheck /COTER procedures, which is against Government Sanction lists to verify that the candidate is not on any of these lists. This counter-terrorism check is a requirement of Donor Government Regulations and is therefore an important part of an employee’s ability to fulfil his/her employment requirements before signing the Employment Contract with the Organization.
Full applications must include the following:
- Motivation letter stating the reasons for applying.
- CV including educational, professional training and work experience.
- WE OFFER: The salary scale for this position is G 10b, 746 USD basic salary per month.