Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
Plan International has been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years and is active in over 75 countries across the world.
As the Grants coordinator, the role is part of the Business Development Department (BDD) of Plan International Sudan, your role is to support the country program by contributing to the implementation of the Resource mobilization strategy for the country strategy. You will be coordinating the grant management cycle from design to closing, ensuring close coordination with staff from all departments, field offices, partners and donors. You will collaborate with team members to assist preparation and production of winning proposals, using agile team collaboration tools. You will also provide specialist guidance, mentoring and support on grants coordination and grant management; represent Plan at national stakeholder forums/networks, consultative sessions, or conferences on resource mobilization initiatives; and contribute to the BD department functions in coordination and administrative tasks as required.
DIMENSIONS OF ROLE
• Reports to the Business Development Manager.
• Provides specialist guidance, mentoring and support on grants coordination and grant management.
• Ensure grant-related reports and analysis is generated regularly and shared for action and decision-making.
• Represents Plan at national stakeholder forums/networks, consultative sessions, or conferences on resource mobilization initiatives.
• Contribute to the BD unit functions in Business development resource mobilization strategy review and action plan, grant compliance system capacity strengthening, coordination, and administrative tasks as required.