Duties and responsibilities:
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to MSF standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases according to MSF supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Essential Technical Diploma,
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF
- Certified fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel, Access)
- Very good communication, negotiation and organisational skills, flexibility, versatility, attention to detail, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, quick decision-making and prompt action, open-mindedness.
Application must be in English language and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all the certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details (candidate’s phone number and a backup phone number)
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Sudanese Nationality certificate.