Darfur Program Development Officer (PDO)
No. of Post:
02 Feb 2023
The BIPS program is a three-year project, funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). It is designed to exemplify the people-to-people approach by creating a safe space for diverse communities to build mutual understanding, trust, empathy, and resilient social ties by addressing divisions rooted in group differences such as ethnicity, religion, status, gender, or political affiliation in Sudan.
The Program Assistant will support the Building Inclusive Peace in Sudan (BIPS) program from satellite office in Darfur.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support with filing and documentation processes.
- Maintain and archive records for all activity components following DT Institute established filing system.
- Support different due diligence processes such as checking references, conducting market research, conducting visual compliance checks, amongst other duties, as directed by the Darfur Program Development Officer.
- Work closely with Program Development Officerand the rest of BIPS project team to coordinate monitoring of the activities under implementation to ensure that they meet activity and program objectives and produce regular site visit reports.
- Coordinate documentation needs and logistics with Khartoum officestaff.
- As required, travel to field sites to support activity development, implementation and closedown
- In coordination with Program Development Officer and under supervision of M&E & Communication Specialist, support the execution of MELtasks – including taking photos, collecting attendance sheets, conducting focus group discussions or key informant interviews
- Ensure all items are properly documented and stored in the corresponding activity files.
- Contribute to the development of weekly activity notes, and any reports required for your region of work
- Travel to project’s areas of operation as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- At least 1 year of professional work experience in a similar program or field required.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout Sudan on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including MS Word and Excel.
- Fluent written and spoken English is preferred but not required.
- Position open to Sudanese nationals only.
DT Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Institute prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.