The BIPS program is a three-year project, funded by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). It is designed to exemplify the people-to-people approach by creating a safe space for diverse communities to build mutual understanding, trust, empathy, and resilient social ties by addressing divisions rooted in group differences such as ethnicity, religion, status, gender, or political affiliation in Sudan.
The Finance &Operations Manager will support the timely and accurate implementation of all the operations, administration and financial procedures in Sudan and coordinate with offices in Khartoum, Blue Nile and South Kordofan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain all the accounting legers and cashbooks assigned and conduct reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Contribute to ensuring integrity of financial transactions, budget revisions, availability of funds, reconciliation of accounts, maintenance of accounting ledgers and records, and establishment of internal control mechanisms.
- Supervise the use and reconciliation of petty cash, ensuring all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorized and recorded to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure all purchases have been made following SIDA procurement procedures, DT Institute best practices, and have all relevant supporting documentation attached to payment requests
- Monitor outstanding local vendor contractsand ensure they are cleared on a regular basis as required by DT Institute policies.
- Review and reconcile physical cash to the cash tracking sheet daily, and to the cash book weekly
- Supervise data entry for all ledgers and perform regular review prior to supervisor and leadership approval of monthly financial data.
- Ensure that themonth end file is properly organized and completed with all the required documents.
- Support the preparation of monthly checks and bank reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of monthly support schedules and month-end accounts.
- Collate monthly funds requests from field sites and sub-offices, and report needs to supervisor and program leadership to ensure sufficient funds are on hand.
- Review and process payroll including reconciling payroll entries.
- Ensure payroll remittances are made each month on a timely basis. Follow up with the HQ Finance and Compliance Team to ensure that tax statutory deductions, including applicable taxes for Sudan staff are paid on time.
- Maintain tracker for social insurance contributions and taxation remittances.
- Conduct finance orientation and induction training to newly hired employees.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting accurate and timely financial reports to the HQ, donors, and implementing partners.
- Assist in facilitating any internal / external audits.
- Immediately elevate all major finance issues to senior finance and leadership personnel
- Assist in organizing and keeping administration documents for all ancillary staff (travel authorizations, leave requests, inventory sheets, stock cards, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of inventory reports, including monthly asset management sheet updates, annual inventory review, and marking and tracking of organizational assets.
- Organize flights and hotel bookings for staff and visitors, coordinate their pickup/drop and taxi reimbursement.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelorís degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or another relevant field.
- At least 4 years of experience in finance and accounting roles, preferably with an international donor-funded organization
- Proficiency in all standard Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Word.
- Experience with accounting software systems.
- Demonstrated financial management, accounting, planning and communication skills.
- Effective written and oral communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Experience training and mentoring staff.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills and good judgement.
- Be proactive, have strong prioritization skills, and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work with tact in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Possess demonstrated leadership skills, humility, and self-awareness.
- Written and Spoken Fluency in English and Arabic are required.
- Position open to Sudanese nationals only.
DT Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Institute prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.