Implement the project in the thematic area (WASH). Supervise junior technical staff. Ensure projects in thematic area are implemented in line with requirements of Donor and IR.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Has regular contact with all staff in the Field Office. Close contact with the Programme Manager/coordinator and programme staff in area of specialism.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. The Project Officer upholds the programme and finance policies.
Responsibility for Resources: None but may need to monitor programme budgets.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff..
Key Accountability 1: Implementation of programme
- Implement programme in area of WASH in line with IR and Donor requirements and guidelines and agreed timescales, working closely with the Programme Coordinator,
- Coordinate programme activities including sensitization.
- Manage effective relationships with Communities and partner organisations - includes representation for project.
- Participate in local cluster meetings as agreed with Field Coordinator.
- Contribute to reports for Donors and proposals as required.
- Assist in the development of work plans for the Project
- Monitor project budgets on a monthly basis, escalating any concerns to Programme Coordinator and Finance team.
- Ensure effective communication of project and programme progress within the Programme.
Key Accountability 2: Supervise Junior Project Staff
- Technical supervision in area of expertise to junior project staff, this may include Project Assistants, community mobilizers and Project Technicians.
- Ensure work plans in line with current Project requirements.
- Coordinating the work of volunteers and Promoters at the community level.
Key Accountability 3: Capacity Building
- Training and capacity building of community volunteers, beneficiaries and other staff
- Leading workshops and training for communities in support of Programme objectives.
Key Accountability 4: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Write timely activity reports.
- Report on project activities regularly in line with requirements.
- Collect monitoring and evaluation data in close coordination with the MEAL Officer to ensure progress of Project is documented.
- Escalating issues as they arise to line manager on monitoring and progress.
- Systems updates on all activities in line with IR guidelines
Key Accountability 5: Thematic Focus
- Hold responsibility of implementing the project WASH activities in West Kordofan as per project document and project agreement signed by donor.
- Develop detailed implementation plan for the project activities in consultation with programme coordinator.
- Develop bill of quantities, designs and costs for different activities and review with programme coordinator.
- Develop and share with PC proposals for conducting training workshops for beneficiaries, events and other programmatic festivals.
- Hold the responsibility of identifying the most needy communities and target groups as per the priorities and IR guidance criteria for selecting beneficiaries.
- Responsible for collecting/ availing data that help in identifying the target communities.
- Responsible for follow up and monitor the community mobilizers and hygiene promoters performing assigned activities under WASH projects.
- Hold the responsibility of monitoring the sanitation and hygiene activities planned for the project.
- The programme WASH officer will be reporting to programme coordinator on process of implementing the project activities.
- Responsible for documentation of all activities of the project being monitored.
- Responsible for organizing the training events, selection of trainees and preparing training manuals and facilitators.
- Follow the M&E formats for reporting as indicated by M&E Officer for the project
- Participate in writing final completion reports for project activities and liaise with PC, M&E Officer for monthly reports and annual reports. .
- Participate, develop and share with PC in processing handover of project outputs to the communities and receive hand over certificates.
- Maintain good records of project documents.
- Develop and document lesson learned, case studies and good stories for project deliverables and successes.
- Assist in any other tasks related to the implementation of project activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.