The Protection officer will oversee and deliver all protection activities under IR Canada WASH, Health and Nutrition project in WK. His role will lead the delivery of protection activities and will help the programme manager in designing the protection activities and integrate into projects proposals for WK guided by approaches in IR Sudan.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Has regular contact with IR Canada project staff and other staff in WK in the thematic area (Protection). Works closely with the Programme Manager/project coordinator and field staff to ensure successful implementation of the activities in area of specialism (Protection).
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. The Programme Coordinator role models the programme and finance policies for programme staff. The Programme Coordinator has a key role in upholding compliance standards.
Responsibility for Resources: Manages the Programme Budget in thematic area of protection.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff..
Key Accountability 1: Programme Development in Protection
- Design activities and or projects for thematic area (Protection) in line with Country Strategic plan.
- Deliver timely and high quality activities implementation, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the project coordinator, project staff and programme manager to implement planned activities as per work plans and project documents.
- Co-ordinate with relevant sector/stakeholders at State level to deliver high quality protection activities in consultation with programme manager.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to timely and technically correct implementation of the activities.
- Participate in sectors meeting at State level in coordination with programme manager.
- Ensure the timely submission of activity, quarterly and completion reports.
Key Accountability 2: Capacity Building
- Build the capacity of the team in protection related issues, in coordination with programme manager and project coordinator.
- Hold regular one to one meetings to review progress.
- Conduct performance reviews in line with IR policy.
- Provide support for team in the area of wellbeing and duty of care.
- Shares technical expertise with Programme staff, in protection field.
- Provide training to communities occasionally as required, in collaboration with Project Officers and the Programme Managers