Project Coordinator: Thematic Area - To coordinate and implement project activities in the area of specialism and supervise Project Officers and community mobilizers in area of specialism related to implementation of IR Canada – WASH, Health and Nutrition project in WK including budget monitoring for related activities and represent IRS as needed in WK for said project implementation.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- The project coordinator is reporting to programme manager in West Kordofan and expected to have regular contact with all staff in the Field Office.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. The Programme Coordinator role models the programme and finance policies for programme staff. The Programme Coordinator has a key role in upholding compliance standards.
Responsibility for Resources: Monitors the budgets.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff..
Key Accountability 1: Project coordination including supervise staff in project
- Coordinate implementation of Project in thematic area in line with IR and Donor requirements and guidelines and agreed timescales, working closely with the Project Officers and community mobilizers.
- Oversee programme activities related to implementation of IR Canada project in WK and any other tasks assigned to him/her, including sensitization.
- Oversee effective relationships with Communities and partner organisations - includes representation for the project.
- Contribute to reports for Donors and proposals as required.
- Develop and update work plans for the Project.
- Oversees work of Project Officers and community mobilizers.
- Delivers training and capacity building for communities.
- Hold regular one to one meetings to review project progress.
- Conduct performance reviews in line with IR policy.
- Request for technical support in thematic area as needed.
- Support partners to build their programme capacity where needed.
- Key Accountability 2: Budget Monitoring
- Monitor project budgets on a monthly basis through BVA extracted from AX, escalating any concerns to Programme Manager and Finance team in field office.
- Coordinate day to day operations of the field office.
Key Accountability 3: Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitoring and reporting of project activities.
- Write timely activity reports.
- Report on project activities regularly in line with requirements.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits in close coordination with the MEAL Officer and Project Officers to ensure progress of Project is documented.
- Escalating issues as they arise to Programme manager on monitoring and progress.
Key Accountability 4: Representation and Communication
- In coordination with the Programme Manager develop and maintain relationships and effective communications with relevant stakeholders, including local government and other agencies working in the area.
- Represent IR at state level as required, this includes proactive participation in the state and local Cluster groups and meetings.
- Ensure regular and effective flow of communication between base field location with El Fulla office - WK and other locations as appropriate to ensure smooth flow of information.
- In coordination with programme manager, maintain an overview on logistics and asset movements in and out of the office and field location under responsibility.
Key Accountability 5: Security Management
- Coordinate security for the office in close communication with Programme Manager and Security focal point.
- Monitor developments in field to ensure sufficient knowledge of the changing context.
- Ensure all staff understand the IR Security procedures and that new staff receive an induction on security.
- Monitor staff movement in the field to ensure their safety and secured movement.
- Coordinate communication in field with programme manager during emergency situations or during security incidents.