Implement the project in the thematic area (Health). Supervise junior technical staff. Ensure projects in thematic area are implemented in line with requirements of Donor and IR.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Has regular contact with all staff in the Field Office. Close contact with the Programme Manager/coordinator and programme staff in area of specialism.
SCOPE AND AUTHORITY
Scope of the Role:
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff. The Project Officer upholds the programme and finance policies.
Responsibility for Resources: None but may need to monitor programme budgets.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff..
Key Accountability 1: Implementation of programme
- Implement programme in area of Health in line with IR and Donor requirements and guidelines and agreed timescales, working closely with the Programme Coordinator,
- Coordinate programme activities including sensitization.
- Manage effective relationships with Communities and partner organisations - includes representation for project.
- Participate in local cluster meetings as agreed with Field Coordinator.
- Contribute to reports for Donors and proposals as required.
- Assist in the development of work plans for the Project
- Monitor project budgets on a monthly basis, escalating any concerns to Programme Coordinator and Finance team.
- Ensure effective communication of project and programme progress within the Programme.
Key Accountability 2: Supervise Junior Project Staff
- Technical supervision in area of expertise to junior project staff, this may include Project Assistants, community mobilizers and Project Technicians.
- Ensure work plans in line with current Project requirements.
- Coordinating the work of volunteers and Promoters at the community level.
Key Accountability 3: Capacity Building
- Training and capacity building of community volunteers, beneficiaries and other staff
Leading workshops and training for communities in support of Programme objectives.
Key Accountability 4: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Write timely activity reports.
- Report on project activities regularly in line with requirements.
- Collect monitoring and evaluation data in close coordination with the MEAL Officer to ensure progress of Project is documented.
- Escalating issues as they arise to line manager on monitoring and progress.
Systems updates on all activities in line with IR guidelines.
Key Accountability 5: Thematic Focus
- Oversee the design and construction/rehabilitations of appropriate health infrastructures in line with Ministry of Health standards and as per IR Sudan-financed areas, to SPHERE standards.
- Collaborate, plan and negotiate with government officials to fulfil health needs for refugees. IDPs, host communities, Nomads, returnee villages and previously un-served or underserved rural villages in WK.
- Manage public health activities according to the project document and as per approved budget, considering Ministry guidelines and protocols.
- Develop, document, and implement written protocols and standard operating procedures for health related program;
- Conduct initial and in-service training for health medical assistants, health workers and medical cadres.
- Establish and maintain a regular system of project monitoring and evaluation;
- Conduct and coordinate on-going needs assessments, surveys and studies to inform project evolution.
- Oversee management of local health staff;
- Attend Health Coordination meeting in WK office, informing and influencing decision making, planning, monitoring and evaluation of environmental health activities related to Health Sector.
- Conduct regular monitoring site visits related to timely and technically correct implementation of Health activities.