The Project Officer is responsible for supporting the delivery of Project activities at the field level. H/She will manage, coordinate, supervise and evaluate program staff. Responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly planning of staff, and field volunteers to fulfil the planned activities in alignment with the program objectives, the program indicators and the expected results
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with and support key project staff to ensure that SASAS Project is running effectively and making the best use of project resources.
- Oversee the implementation of SASAS Program activities in his/her respective location and assigned sector.
- Contribute to all Project-related fieldwork including community mobilization of project beneficiaries, beneficiary identification/registration, and monitoring.
- Undertake awareness-raising and outreach activities regarding SASAS, especially in relation to hard-to-reach groups
- Contribute to effective project reporting, monitoring, and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other project staff.
- Establish and maintain effective program reporting, and monitoring and evaluation systems (to track, analyze and report on results) for both internal and external use
- Integrate community approaches, protection mainstreaming, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate
- Track project development throughout the target area.
- Assist program staff in coordinating logistics and project activities.
- Assist with overall project development and future proposals for project follow-on activity.
- Coordinate training plans with partner staff, identify training needs and develop, implement, and maintain training plans. Participate in meetings as assigned.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Knowledge and Experience
- Must be able to work independently and show initiative.
- Experience in an NGO setting from 2-3 years.
- Report writing.
- Ability to make recommendations for improvement.
- Strong computer (MS Office), filing, and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English is essential.
- Ability to translate letters, reports and meetings as required.
- Proven ability to provide oral and written translation from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas.
The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. A professional standard of program, finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The post must be willing to travel to Mercy Corps field offices and project sites.