Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out and execute the IT operation tasks for SCI (Khartoum CO, Red Sea and Blue Nile), and other sub-offices in the SCI operation areas.
- Responsible for LAN installation and maintenance.
- Responsible for Active Directory implementation and domain security including cloud Services.
- Facilitate the development of staff capacity building in computers and IT applications.
- Managing the Fort iGATE firewall which includes web filtering and other policies
- Provide technical support for all departments and all staff members including Internet Connection, Email, MS applications, virus attacks and other security threats, and frequent checks for windows and other software updates.
- Supporting CO and other country offices through tickets as admin user using Jira online system (new Email account and follow up with the working group.
- Installing new operating systems, software and updates.
- Oversee the monthly periodical maintenance with the contracted company.
- Prepare the monthly payment for the contracted company.
- Provide technical support for smartphones and SIM card issues.
- Responsible for liaising and receiving IT equipment that was procured for offices, setup and preparation with full documentation.
- Technical supervision and coordination of the use of all IT equipment, items programs, systems etc in Khartoum CO, Red Sea and Blue Nile and any other SCI office.
- Ensure that programme activities and projects within the portfolio are executed under IT guidelines and standards for technology, security, web publishing, development methodology, outsourcing/offshoring and other governance practices.
- Responsible for administration of Local Area Network (LAN) in Khartoum CO, Red Sea and Blue Nile.
- Evaluate the needs of Computers, Servers networks and other related equipment to IT and ensure that all the specifications meet the standard specifications of SCI IT equipment.
- Produce IT Monthly Reports, (related to all Security standards Maintenance Tracking and Trips Reports.
- Responsible to maintain all IT equipment in Khartoum CO, Red Sea and Blue Nile, and ensuring all equipment is efficiently always functioning.
- Liaison with IT service providers, supervise and coordinate the use and billing of all IT equipment/service in an accurate and timely manner for Khartoum CO, Red Sea and Blue Nile.
- Prepare payments to all Internet service companies on monthly basis.
Provide support and gaudiness to staff to maintain proper software and file backup
Computer network Security:
- Developing and implementing security policies and procedures to protect the organization's information and systems.
- Monitoring and analysing security threats and vulnerabilities and taking appropriate actions to mitigate them. ALL data traffic and Userís traffic and Endpointsí traffic.
- Ensuring the security of all hardware and software used by the organization, including firewalls, antivirus software, and intrusion detection systems.
- Conducting security assessments of the organization's networks, systems, and applications to identify potential security weaknesses.
- Responding to security incidents and breaches, including conducting investigations, identifying the root cause, and implementing corrective actions.
- Providing training and guidance to staff on security best practices and policies.
- Managing security-related projects and initiatives, including the deployment of new security technologies.
- Collaborating with other IT and security team members to ensure the security of the organization's IT infrastructure.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest security threats and technologies, and continuously improving the organization's security posture.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Director.
- Help computer technicians, and end users when they need to install or learn about new security products and/or procedures.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed (e.g., when a security breach occurs).
- Monitor Meraki WIFI traffic and users.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Bachelorís Degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences or equivalent in computer networking and cyber security.
- At least 4 years of previous work experience preferably with NGOs and any similar institutions.
- Advocacy, campaigning, and documentation skills.
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team.
- Good computer skills in MS packages (Computer Applications; word, excel, PowerPoint, etc)
Fluency in English and Arabic Written and Spoken.
- Good Knowledge of AZURE, Office 365 and SharePoint ( cloud solutions)