Under the guidance of the Country Representative, and under the direct supervision of the Reproductive Health Programme Specialist – Head of health unit, and in close cooperation with National Programme Officers RH maternal health, HIV/AIDS, RHCS, Gender and PD, the incumbent will work synergistically on formulation and design of the assigned country programme’s reproductive with emphases on family planning programming. S/he contributes in managing assigned program and providing significant contribution to design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of reproductive and maternal health program/activities. S/He is expected to largely contribute in RH monitoring and evaluation, report writing and documentation. The incumbent efforts will combine with different program areas in UNFPA Sudan country office to contribute to country program action plan outcome, and outputs, as well as the UNFPA global strategic plan.
You will report to Reproductive Health Programme Specialist
Duties and responsibilities:
In collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners, contributes to the formulation and design of the reproductive health program with emphases and focus on Family planning programming, in both humanitarian and development contexts, in line with the country programme and the National priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to reproductive health with emphases on Family planning programming addressing health system elements as well as the broader profile of stakeholders engaged in Family planning programming, and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeps abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepares briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Expedites and coordinates project implementation establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficient delivery of project inputs and addressing training needs of project personnel.
- The incumbent is in-charge of ensuring the implementation of UNFPA Supplies funds and plans; and promote linkages among the Government and development partner stakeholders in support of UNFPA Supplies programme areas.
- Establish a strong and innovative program component focused on the establishment of reliable RHCS interventions to support wide range of sexual and reproductive health program, and also in humanitarian settings and rights particularly MNH/PMTCT, FP, AYRH, comprehensive post abortion care, condom programming, RH during emergency, etc.
- Explores ways to integrating RHCS into the national RH partners for a relevant TWG such as: Safe Motherhood, FP/LM, IEC/BCC, AYRH and STI/HIV prevention etc. and its replication at states level.
- Guides forecasting and planning of procurement at the federal and states’ level as well as initiate procurement from its sources and follow up its delivery to targeted destinations.
- Helps in creating and documenting knowledge about current and emerging RH, by analyzing programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and shares with management for use in knowledge sharing and planning future strategies.
- Assists advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of Country Office by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events.
- Work jointly with the reproductive health unit team members in developing and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan for the RH projects in consultation with the field officers, HIV and the finance monitoring officers.
- Support in analyzing and reporting on implementation of the assigned project activities, monitor project expenditures and disbursement to ensure delivery is in line with approved budgets;
- Follow up all logistical, financial and contractual matters related to facilitation of the work of consultants, advisors and experts involved in the implementation of the sexual and reproductivehealth programme;