Duties and responsibilities:
Job Purpose/ Summary:
Plans, executes and follows- up the PMU medical and non- medical purchases and civil works to ensure effective and efficient activities either directly or through specialized agents also supports the implementation of the procurement activities as well as provides support in a collaborative, client focused, quality and results-oriented approach and in close collaboration with the program, finance, and monitoring and evaluation staff within the PMU and the country office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides analytical inputs to elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensures full compliance of procurement activities with FMOH rules, regulations, policies and strategies including support the development of effective internal controls, and the proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Supports the implementation of contract strategy for PMU including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Support in FMOH /PMU procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows within the PMU Procurement Section in close coordination with supervisor.
- Supports the implementation of strategic procurement for PMU including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost saving and reduction strategies.
2- Supports management of procurement processes for the PMU focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that procured health products comply with international and national standards
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the GF project including costing, scheduling and applicable procurement methods and monitoring of their implementation according to the government, GFATM and partners regulations and guidelines.
- Prepares and revises the procurement requests from different sections according to the approved plan and budget and ensures the availability of all requirements including specifications and distribution plans.
- Review the quantification and specification of commodities in close collaboration with FMOH departments and updates counterparts on procurements activities on regular basis including the provision of feedback.
- Jointly with the GF PMU sections and in consultation with relevant counterparts prepares requests for proposal, invitations to bid and requests for quotation while ensuring proper monitoring and control of procurement processes.
- Participate in procurement committees to evaluates offers and makes recommendations for the finalization of purchases and the award of contracts; analyzes and evaluates tender results.
- Support in the development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation criteria, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Ensures adherence to contractual agreements, recommend amendments and contract extensions, advise concerned parties with respect to contractual rights/obligations;
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with FMOH rules and regulation.
- Together with the GF Procurement Officer and other members of the GF procurement team undertake and monitor forecasting for health-related (tests, drugs etc) and other products.
- Review (specifications, Term of Reference, and Scope of work) to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with quality standards, particularly for medical items;
- Ensure compliance with GF/FMOH procurement guidelines and procedures.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the PMU focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the organization of training for the PMU staff and Counterparts on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Supervisor.