We work with organizations around the world to help poor and vulnerable people overcome emergencies, earn a living through agriculture and access affordable health care.
Programs / MEAL-PQ Unit
No. of Post:
06 Dec 2022
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding. Since 2004, CRS has providing life-saving assistance to the most vulnerable communities negatively impacted by conflict and natural disasters in areas such as the Darfur region.
As gender leadwithin the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning – Program Quality (MEAL-PQ) unit, you will provide cross-cutting support to the CRS Sudan Country Program(CP’s) through coordinating and reporting on gender-related activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partners on gender initiatives. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.The SPO Genderwill provide leadership on the delivery of CRS’ commitments on gender as outlined in the central MEAL-PQ unit’s scope of work and the CP’s gender agenda.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead oncross-cutting gender initiativesunder the MEAL-PQ unit’s scope of work, ensuring gender and inclusivity is mainstreamed in projects (and their MEAL systems) across the CP.
- Work closely with the central MEAL-PQ unit, MEAL focal points, and project leads to ensure gender indicators are included and reported upon, and all data are disaggregated by age, sex, and disability status in MEAL frameworks, including projects’ Indicator Tracking Table.
- In coordination with the MEAL-PQ Coordinator, contribute lessons learned, ideas, evidence and contextual information to continuously inform the development, operationalization and realization of the CP’s gender agenda.
- Ensure projects’ learning and communication materials highlight stories from diverse groups, meet information needs of all stakeholders, and use appropriate and accessible communication channels for target audiences
- Participate in the CP’s gender working group and serve as the CP’s gender focal point in regional forums to exchange information and toolson gender mainstreaming
- Contribute to the development of implementation tools including detailed implementational plans and annual workplans.
- In conjunction with MEAL-PQ Coordinator, monitor and document progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on project frameworks and personal performance plan.
- Participate in program design process including assessments, learning events and coordination meetings. Specifically, provide administrative and technical support on CP gender audit and gender assessments.
- Prepare periodic and ad hoc technical reports as per the reporting calendar and / or as directed by the MEAL-PQ Coordinator and as required by other relevant stakeholders.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- University degree in Gender, Women Empowerment, Inclusive Programming, Project Management and/or related subjects.
- At least four (4) years of experience in gender programming. Understanding of international donors’ and gender guidelines and policies will be an added advantage.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities Experience and knowledge of carrying out gender assessments, surveys and analysis will be an added advantage.
- Hands on staff management experience and experience in coaching and mentoring supervisees.
- Experience in Darfur and / or similar contexts will be considered as an additional advantage.
- Excellent representational and communication skills.
- Experience in developing and conducting training in rural contexts with limited literacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Cross-cutting knowledge of protection, gender, supply chain chains and safeguarding.
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Excellent command of English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: Approximately 30% travel within Sudan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- strong English writing skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Technical Advisors, MEAL-PQ unit, other programming and operations colleagues
- External: Peer agencies, Partners, private sector, project participants
Female candidates only.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
if interested, please submit your C.V , Academic certificates, experiences with a covering letter to :
HAC – Labour Office / Khartoum / Gamhoria Street and Copy should be in Sudanjob , please make sure to have your phone numbers and email in your application to reach you easily – all communication in English Language.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer