CARE international in Sudan (CIS) has been working in Sudan since 1979. Initial projects focused on improving water supplies, forestry conservation, and assisting refugees fleeting war in Eritrea.
Today, we work primarly in East Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Kassala, Gedaref and Khartoum , and focus on providing relief services to internally displaced people, assisting conflict-affected populations to restore livelihoods, and promoting peace and stability. Current activities include improving water and sanitation. Women empowerment through economic justice, hygiene education, primary health care, nutrition and livelihood support
Duties and responsibilities:
- a Welcomes visitors and exchange necessary information. And manage office access.
- Ensure visitor/s, after confirming the visit, are aware of the visited employee’s office, and guide them if necessary.
- Receive and respond to queries. Dial phone call ensuring all calls are accounted for and for official purposes.
Mailing services and phone calls management
- a Establish and maintain pouch/mail/Fax (Domestic – international) records, register, database and forms.
- Ensure all in-coming pouch/mail/Fax are timely distributed to respective staff member, and keep receipt documents and forms.
- Ensure all out-going pouch/mail/Fax are timely dispatched to respective office, location, ensuring clear addresses are available and confirmed by sender.
- Maintain and update mailing list and addresses, register and/or database for domestic and international mailing services.
- Maintain and prepare financial mail related documents and payments, and submit to Finance dept. after obtaining proper approval/s.
- Ensure confidential mail/pouch/Faxes are handled in a confidential respective manner.
- a Maintain proper filing system related to the position in line with the overall admin department filing system, and DRP.
- Maintain the CIS announcement board and ensure all general announcements are posted and updated as needed.
- Manage office and staff residences utilities and keep tracking records and analysis available.
- Follow up and supervise minor maintenances for Khartoum Office, and staff residences, and prepare PRs when needed, ensuring fair charging for repairs and maintenance.
- Manage and organize CIS conference room, ensuring: Confirmed bookings are announced and shared with others, Conference room announcement board is updated reflecting booking arrangements, booking log sheet is updated for reference and analysis, and the office helpers are keeping the conference room clean at all times.
- CIS Khartoum Stationary Management:
- Maintain, manage CIS stationary stores, keep all records updated at all times, and prepare monthly report.
- Maintain consumable items in the Office, including hibernation items, and keep proper records updated and track expiry dates.
- Prepare Purchase Request when needed for, Stationeries, and consumable items, when needed.
Khartoum Petty Cash Management:
- Maintain Petty cash records, and documents, and ensure all documents are properly approved.
- Ensure petty cash balance is well managed, available for snap check and kept in CIS safe.
- Ensure petty cash settlements are timely maintained and send to finance for reimbursement, ensuring availability of petty cash to meet daily expenses.
IT trouble shooting
- Provide the appropriate IT technical support to the CARE Staff in Khartoum and filed offices
- Provide minor Troubleshoot internet problems and administrate the LAN and shared Network resources.
- Follow up internet Monthly payment with finance and prepare the needed documents for ISP invoices settlement, a regular check, and status update of the connectivity and report any problem to the senior ICT officer.
- Ensure proper filing for the IT documents that are received from providers.
- Manage IT asset Inventory and update the software to higher available batches.
- Make sure all the needed IT support is done timely.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time requested by Sr.IT officer.
Any other assignment:
- Perform any other assignment as required by the Administration Dept. or Mission Management related to the position.
Contacts and Key Relationships:
- Internal: Administration dept. of Head/Sub/ Field Offices, Sr.IT officer and other departments of program and program support, and all CIS employees.
- External: all CIS visitors and venders.
V. Working Conditions:
This position is based in Khartoum Office and may require travelling to other CIS Sub and Field Offices, if needed.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
Education: Minimum University degree (MSc) in relevant field from reputed Institution.
Work experience: Not less than 1 year in the related job, preferably in international agency.
Language: fluency in Arabic; basic communication in English.
Computer: Basic computer knowledge and skilled in word processor, database
Operation, excel and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work under pressure, and for long working hours.
- Cross cultural sensitivity, adaptable and flexible.
- Good team player.
- Good report writing and analytical skills
Desired Qualifications and Competencies:
- One year Experience/ training.
- Good communication in English