Title: Logistics Officer
Reports to: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Salary: $680 - $1,000 USD depending on experience
The Logistics Officer is a member of the Near East Foundation team in Khartoum, Sudan. The Logistics Officer is responsible to ensure logistical support is provided to the entire NEF operation in Sudan, including each of the projects and project sites. This position requires that effective logistics systems are put into place and implemented across the operation, and according to NEF and donor rules and regulations. The role also takes on safety and security functions, serving as the safety focal point in the absence of the Safety and Security Officer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise the overall vehicle management and schedule and ensure the application of NEF Sudan policies and procedures.
- Support the logistics procurement request process and stock the supply base efficiently and effectively to support operational requirements.
- Ensure all NEF equipment are safeguarded and maintained appropriately through regular service, as appropriate.
- Assist in planning procurement activities in response to the program plans managed by NEF and office’s needs.
- Assist in collecting quotation and bid analysis.
- Assist in preparing supplier payments in line with payment policies.
- Assist in receiving procurement requests at NEF country office (office supplies).
- Circulate procurement status update, share with program departments on weekly basis.
- Supervises the implementation of physical and asset protection protocols and regulations.
- Support Procurement Manager to process vetting requirements.
- Keep NEF management informed of any changes in the administrative procedures that can impact NEF’s operations or projects.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Procurement Manager
- Assist in organizing NEF drivers by ensuring movement plans are created (based on feedback from the staff) and regularly updated.
- Train and ensure drivers are following NEF and donor procedures regarding vehicle use and maintenance.
- Ensure weekly checks are made on vehicles and vehicle log sheets are correctly used.
- Review data on vehicle usage and costs as reported on log sheets, and submit a report to the Logistics Manager, highlighting irregularities and any other issues.
- Ensure that all vehicles are correctly registered, insured, etc., and all required documentation is properly maintained and filed.
- Ensure efficient fleet management, including vehicle allocation, fuel management, and providing adequate monthly fuel reports.
- Ensure compliance to vehicle safety requirements in compliance with NEF safety standards.
- Work with management to ensure that program activities are supported by providing owned, rented vehicles and transporters as required.
- Keep track of all NEF rented vehicles, leases, vehicles registration renewals, and plan on renewals ahead of time.
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with the necessary documents, equipment
- Ensure NEF premises are well maintained and always kept clean.
- Responsible of WFP fuel and act as a focal point.
Storage & Asset Management
- Manage NEF storage facilities where available and ensure NEF standard storage management procedures are strictly applied as per SOPs.
- Ensure NEF inventory lists are regularly updated, and NEF assets are physically and accurately labelled.
- Ensure all NEF assets are safeguarded and maintained appropriately through regular service and proper storage or safe-keeping.
- Act as focal point for IT issues (IT, phone, internet), such as expiration of the antivirus program, and contact service providers for maintenance.
- Liaise with IT consultant/firm/representative to address staff IT issues and request.
Safety Risk Management
- Support Safety and Security officer as needed during their absence.
- Perform any other relevant support or duties as requested by the Country Director or designee.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- An advanced degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with NGOs, other international agencies or multinational business.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Geographical and administrative knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs; Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong information technology skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Previous experience working on DFID, UNDP, EU, USAID or other internationally funded projects.
Advanced writing skills in English.
NEF will accept rolling applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on Thursday, December 1, 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation Careers Page at:
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory Restricted Party Screening.
- Receipt of satisfactory references.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this position.